Demands Progress With IAEA Investigation
The US is demanding that Iran “start cooperating” with the IAEA by March, threatening unspecified UN Security Council moves if they are not satisfied with the progress.
Its going to be difficult for Iran to even hypothetically satisfy either the IAEA or the United States, as the IAEA has repeatedly reaffirmed that Iran’s nuclear program is 100% civilian in nature.
That’s not the problem, despite rhetoric to the contrary. Rather, the problem is that the IAEA says that it hasn’t been able to 100% confirm that there isn’t some hypothetical second nuclear program operational in Iran that they simply have no documentation for.
That’s a virtually insurmountable problem, because Iran’s repeated confirmation that the program doesn’t exist isn’t sufficient, and there is no documentation anywhere to prove that something purely hypothetical doesn’t exist.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israel, Turkey Reach Reconciliation Deal - June 26th, 2016
- State Dept's Propaganda Center Growing Rapidly, But Accomplishing Little - June 26th, 2016
- Jordan Spies Stealing CIA Weapons Meant for Syrian Rebels - June 26th, 2016
- Iraq Again Claims 'Full Liberation' of ISIS City of Fallujah - June 26th, 2016
- Afghan Officials: Over 100 ISIS Killed in Three Day Offensive - June 26th, 2016