Demands Progress With IAEA Investigation
The US is demanding that Iran “start cooperating” with the IAEA by March, threatening unspecified UN Security Council moves if they are not satisfied with the progress.
Its going to be difficult for Iran to even hypothetically satisfy either the IAEA or the United States, as the IAEA has repeatedly reaffirmed that Iran’s nuclear program is 100% civilian in nature.
That’s not the problem, despite rhetoric to the contrary. Rather, the problem is that the IAEA says that it hasn’t been able to 100% confirm that there isn’t some hypothetical second nuclear program operational in Iran that they simply have no documentation for.
That’s a virtually insurmountable problem, because Iran’s repeated confirmation that the program doesn’t exist isn’t sufficient, and there is no documentation anywhere to prove that something purely hypothetical doesn’t exist.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Study: ISIS Only Amounts to Half of US Terror Suspects in Recent Years - December 6th, 2016
- Trump: Air Force One Costs Out of Control, Order Should Be Canceled - December 6th, 2016
- IAEA Confirms Iran Exported Excess Heavy Water - December 6th, 2016
- Trump to End Regime Changes, Focus on Fighting ISIS - December 6th, 2016
- ISIS Shifts Defenses to East Mosul as More Iraqi Forces Arrive - December 6th, 2016