Lieberman argued such talk only serves to bolster Hamas
Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman scolded the United Nations Secretary General for advocating against an Israeli ground invasion of Gaza, arguing such talk bolsters Hamas.
Hamas, through Egypt, has offered a proposal for a ceasefire and a long term truce, but it has been ignored by Israel. “The truce is now held up because we are waiting for the Israeli side to respond,” Hamas official Ezzat al-Rishq.
Lieberman’s suggestion that the Secretary General of the United Nations – whose position exists to help prevent war between nations – shouldn’t argue against an Israeli ground invasion of Gaza because it ‘helps the terrorists’ has to be the most vacuous attempt at speech-control yet in this conflict.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013