Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman scolded the United Nations Secretary General for advocating against an Israeli ground invasion of Gaza, arguing such talk bolsters Hamas.
Hamas, through Egypt, has offered a proposal for a ceasefire and a long term truce, but it has been ignored by Israel. “The truce is now held up because we are waiting for the Israeli side to respond,” Hamas official Ezzat al-Rishq.
Lieberman’s suggestion that the Secretary General of the United Nations – whose position exists to help prevent war between nations – shouldn’t argue against an Israeli ground invasion of Gaza because it ‘helps the terrorists’ has to be the most vacuous attempt at speech-control yet in this conflict.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013