Britain Left Weapons Cache at Since-Looted US Consulate
There have already been plenty of reasons to question the US decision to leave their Bengazi consulate entirely unguarded for weeks after the September 11 attack. Apparently rocket launchers are now among them.
The site, which wasn’t particularly well defended to begin with, was apparently used by the British government to store its weapons, including rocket-propelled grenades, after Britain had decided to abandon the city.
Unsurprisingly the consulate, which was subject to considerable looting over the ensuing weeks, wasn’t such a great storage location, and Britain is now reporting that the weapons are “missing” with no clue where they might have gone.
Britain’s decision to flee the city because of soaring violence had already been a major question for the US State Department, in asking why they decided not only to say, but to refuse to increase security at the consulate.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Assad: Real Cooperation Needed to Defeat ISIS in Syria - November 21st, 2014
- ISIS Fighters Attack Govt Building in Anbar Provincial Capital - November 21st, 2014
- Turkey, US Downplay Differences on ISIS War - November 21st, 2014
- Obama Signs Secret Order to Expand Afghan War in 2015 - November 21st, 2014
- Yemen's al-Qaeda Denounces ISIS and Shi'ite Rebels - November 21st, 2014