Israel Says Strike Targeted 'Global Jihadists'
An Israeli warplane fired missiles against the Southern Gaza Strip today, badly wounding two militants but also wounding eight innocent civilians, including at least three children.
The Israeli military confirmed the attack, saying they were targeting the two Salafist militants, who they identified as “global jihadists.” One of the two targeted lost both legs in the attack and according to some reports has died of his wounds, though this does not appear to have been confirmed. The other was also said to be “critically injured.”
The military did not comment on the innocent civilians hit during the attack, but apparently targeted the two men while they were on a motorcycle.They claimed the two were involved in a June attack along the Egyptian border fence.
Palestinian Health Ministry officials say that the wounded children suffered “minor-to-moderate” injuries in the attack, and were heading home from school at the time of the Israeli attack.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Ukraine Peace Talks Fail: Both Sides Trade Blame - January 31st, 2015
- NATO Plans to Open Georgia Training Center by Year's End - January 30th, 2015
- US Denies Israeli Claims About Iran Nuclear Negotiations - January 30th, 2015
- Yemeni Al-Qaeda Gains Support From Local Tribes - January 30th, 2015
- Jordan Threatens Mass Executions of ISIS Prisoners - January 30th, 2015