Israel Says Strike Targeted 'Global Jihadists'
An Israeli warplane fired missiles against the Southern Gaza Strip today, badly wounding two militants but also wounding eight innocent civilians, including at least three children.
The Israeli military confirmed the attack, saying they were targeting the two Salafist militants, who they identified as “global jihadists.” One of the two targeted lost both legs in the attack and according to some reports has died of his wounds, though this does not appear to have been confirmed. The other was also said to be “critically injured.”
The military did not comment on the innocent civilians hit during the attack, but apparently targeted the two men while they were on a motorcycle.They claimed the two were involved in a June attack along the Egyptian border fence.
Palestinian Health Ministry officials say that the wounded children suffered “minor-to-moderate” injuries in the attack, and were heading home from school at the time of the Israeli attack.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Growing Infighting Among Kurdish Factions in Iraq, Syria - March 15th, 2017
- Sen. John McCain: Rand Paul Is Working for Vladimir Putin - March 15th, 2017
- Syrian War Enters 7th Year; Country as Divided as Ever - March 15th, 2017
- Key Iraqi Sunni Warns Civilian Deaths Surging in Iraq's West Mosul Invasion - March 15th, 2017
- Ukraine Blocks All Road, Rail Links to Separatist Regions - March 15th, 2017