Insists US 'Totally in Sync' With Israel
In an interview today with the Times of Israel, US Ambassador to Israel Dan Shapiro denied any disagreements between the US and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu about the prospect of war with Iran, insisting the two are “totally in sync.”
Shapiro, who recently got into a shouting match with Netanyahu in front of a Congressional delegation, insisted that the US has made all the “necessary preparations” for attacking Iran, and believes they have coordinated well with Israel.
Netanyahu has been publicly lashing the US for not having attacked Iran already, and has been loudly demanding “red lines” that would guarantee a US attack on Iran at a certain stage of development of that nation’s civilian nuclear program.
Shapiro insisted there were “no tangible differences” between the US position and Netanyahu’s, but with the Israeli PM seemingly having been all set to start a war in the next month, and much made of the US effort to talk him down, the split is simply too obvious for these denials to be credible.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US: Process Reached to Give UN Access to Iran Sites as Needed - June 29th, 2015
- Pentagon: A Year Into War, ISIS Remains a Potent Force - June 29th, 2015
- Top Officials Heading to Iran Nuclear Talks Amid Breakthrough Hopes - June 29th, 2015
- ISIS Car Bomb Wounds 28 Mourners in Yemen Capital - June 29th, 2015
- US Cheers 'Reforms,' Resumes Bahrain Military Aid - June 29th, 2015