Blasts Amano's Repeated Visits to Tel Aviv
In an interview with PressTV, Iranian MP Javad Jahangirzadeh accused the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) of sharing confidential information about Iran’s nuclear program with Israel, adding that he believes IAEA chief Amano Yukiya should be held directly to blame if Iran reduces ties with the nuclear watchdog.
“Amano’s repeated trips to Tel Aviv and asking the Israeli official’s views about Iran’s nuclear activities indicates that Iran’s nuclear information has been leaked,” Jahangirzadeh added.
Though Iran’s membership agreement with the IAEA entitles the watchdog to certain secret information about a nation’s civilian nuclear program, it is supposed to keep that information confidential.
Iranian officials have expressed multiple concerns about the behavior of IAEA inspectors while inside Iran, warning that they fear the group has been infiltrated by Western saboteurs and is using its privileged access to plan and follow up on attacks.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Sanctions May Save Venezuelan Govt - March 11th, 2015
- Israel Polls Tighten: Netanyahu's Party Shrinks in Week Before Vote - March 11th, 2015
- US to Increase 'Non-Lethal' Military Aid to Ukraine - March 11th, 2015
- GOP Senate Aides: Iran Letter Was 'Lighthearted' - March 11th, 2015
- UK Police: ISIS Schoolgirls Won't Be Prosecuted as Terrorists - March 10th, 2015