Claims Iran 'Six Months' From Nuclear Capability
Making the rounds on the US television media today (appearing on both Meet the Press and State of the Nation), Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu furiously attacked American newspapers for publishing columns critical of his plans for a war with Iran.
Saying the columnists had “set a new standard for human stupidity,” Netanyahu bashed the idea that Iran’s civilian nuclear program was on par with the Soviet Union’s massive nuclear weapons arsenal, insisting Iran’s non-existent weapons were far more dangerous.
“They put zealotry above survival, they have suicide bombers all over the place,” Netanyahu insisted, ignoring that Iran issued religious fatwas banning suicide bombing decades ago and has not been implicated, beyond vague and unsubstantiated allegations, in a single suicide bomb attack in many years.
Netanyahu went on from lying about Iran’s putative suicide bombers to lying about the civilian nuclear program, claiming Iran was “six months” away from nuclear weapons capability despite not having made even a single gram of weapons grade uranium, and warning that if the US doesn’t act soon it will be “too late.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Negotiators: Iran Civilian Nuclear Limits Would Taper Off in Next Decade - February 23rd, 2015
- Israeli Settlement Building Soared 40% in 2014 - February 23rd, 2015
- Officials: US Carried Out Mock Mall Attacks to Test Readiness - February 23rd, 2015
- NSA Director Defends Maintaining Backdoors in Americans' Software - February 23rd, 2015
- Ukraine Won't Abide by Ceasefire Deal's Withdrawal of Heavy Weapons - February 23rd, 2015