Claims Iran 'Six Months' From Nuclear Capability
Making the rounds on the US television media today (appearing on both Meet the Press and State of the Nation), Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu furiously attacked American newspapers for publishing columns critical of his plans for a war with Iran.
Saying the columnists had “set a new standard for human stupidity,” Netanyahu bashed the idea that Iran’s civilian nuclear program was on par with the Soviet Union’s massive nuclear weapons arsenal, insisting Iran’s non-existent weapons were far more dangerous.
“They put zealotry above survival, they have suicide bombers all over the place,” Netanyahu insisted, ignoring that Iran issued religious fatwas banning suicide bombing decades ago and has not been implicated, beyond vague and unsubstantiated allegations, in a single suicide bomb attack in many years.
Netanyahu went on from lying about Iran’s putative suicide bombers to lying about the civilian nuclear program, claiming Iran was “six months” away from nuclear weapons capability despite not having made even a single gram of weapons grade uranium, and warning that if the US doesn’t act soon it will be “too late.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Controls Half of Kobani as Peshmerga Arrive - October 29th, 2014
- US, Israeli Relations Hit a New Low - October 29th, 2014
- ISIS Kills 30 Syrian Troops in Latest Push Against Gas Field - October 29th, 2014
- Hagel Affirms Quarantine for All Returning Troops From Ebola Operation - October 29th, 2014
- Egypt Junta Demolishes Sinai Homes for 'Buffer Zone' - October 29th, 2014