Syrian rebels have executed at least 20 Syrian soldiers, according to a new video released by the London-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a pro-rebel outlet. The video showed blindfolded soldiers with their hands tied behind their backs executed over the weekend in eastern Aleppo.
The video also showed the bodies lined up after the executions, with at least 20 slain soldiers shown. The rebels in the video cheered for the camera and taunted the bodies of the captives.
Human rights groups were critical of the move, saying the killings were carried out by the Free Syrian Army (FSA) the largest and most heavily Western-backed of the various rebel factions in the nation.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Drone Strikes Kill 31 People in Pakistan Tribal Areas - October 17th, 2017
- Catalonia Won't Renounce Independence, Despite Looming Deadline - October 17th, 2017
- Pentagon May Stop Training Iraqis Amid Kurdish Conflict - October 17th, 2017
- Kurdish Forces Abandon Territory In Face of Iraqi Offensive - October 17th, 2017
- Syrian Kurds Declare Victory in Raqqa, But Face Complicated Peace - October 17th, 2017