DNC Chairwoman Claimed Oren Blasted GOP as 'Dangerous for Israel'
While the foreign policy “debate” in the upcoming US presidential election seems inordinately focused on cozying up to Israel, Israeli Ambassador to the United States Michael Oren is finding himself in the rather awkward position of trying not to be an election issue.
Oren today “categorically denied” having made statements condemning the Republican Party and terming it “dangerous for Israel,” saying that Israel’s goal is “bipartisan support” and that they “have great friends on both sides of the aisle.”
The allegation came at a “training session” for Jewish Democrats, during which Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (D – FL) claimed Oren had confided in her that Republican policies were a threat to Israeli interests.
Wasserman-Schultz went on to say that Republicans were “undermining Israel’s security” by criticizing President Obama’s policy in the Middle East, saying it was vital to ensure that there was never “any daylight” between US and Israeli policies.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Nearly 200 Killed in Massive ISIS Offensive Against Sinai Peninsula - July 1st, 2015
- ISIS Attacks Tel Abyad, Retaking Part of Key Syrian Border Town From Kurds - June 30th, 2015
- US Trade Bill Demands Europe End Efforts to Boycott or Sanction Israel - June 30th, 2015
- Rocket Explosion Renews Debate Over Ban on Russian Imports - June 30th, 2015
- ISIS Vows to Oust Hamas, Impose Sharia Law in Gaza - June 30th, 2015