DNC Chairwoman Claimed Oren Blasted GOP as 'Dangerous for Israel'
While the foreign policy “debate” in the upcoming US presidential election seems inordinately focused on cozying up to Israel, Israeli Ambassador to the United States Michael Oren is finding himself in the rather awkward position of trying not to be an election issue.
Oren today “categorically denied” having made statements condemning the Republican Party and terming it “dangerous for Israel,” saying that Israel’s goal is “bipartisan support” and that they “have great friends on both sides of the aisle.”
The allegation came at a “training session” for Jewish Democrats, during which Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (D – FL) claimed Oren had confided in her that Republican policies were a threat to Israeli interests.
Wasserman-Schultz went on to say that Republicans were “undermining Israel’s security” by criticizing President Obama’s policy in the Middle East, saying it was vital to ensure that there was never “any daylight” between US and Israeli policies.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israel Sees Communication as Key to Avoid Air Battles With Russia - November 29th, 2015
- British PM to Risk Parliament Vote on Syrian Airstrikes - November 29th, 2015
- Al-Qaeda Recaptures Aleppo Town From Syrian Army - November 29th, 2015
- 16 Killed as Pro-Saudi Forces Advance in South Yemen - November 29th, 2015
- Pentagon Claims ISIS Fighters Defecting in Iraq - November 29th, 2015