Needs More Troops Just to Deal with Shipping Containers
The occupation of Afghanistan continues to get more complicated all the time, and even as officials are hyping a drawdown and “irreversible” transition to hand portions of the nation over to the Karzai government, they are discussing a massive escalation of manpower in the nation.
11 years into the occupation, Afghanistan has sort of become like one of those “storage hunter” shows on basic cable, with hundreds of thousands of shipping containers full of god-knows-what.
So the plan under consideration is to send significant amounts of new troops to Afghanistan “temporarily” to go through those shipping containers and figure out what to keep and what to get rid of, and then to pack it up in new shipping containers and ship it back to its nations of origin.
“Experience has shown us that for many of the troop-contributing nations, their troop levels will actually experience a slight increase as they bring in extra forces to prepare their equipment for redeployment,” confirmed Lt. Col Colin Richardson, a Canadian logistics expert.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Plan Published Detailing Foreign Aid Cuts - April 25th, 2017
- Israeli Attack on Syria in March Targeted Missiles for Hezbollah - April 25th, 2017
- Former Israel DM: ISIS 'Apologized' to Israel for November Clash - April 25th, 2017
- Russia to Supply Electricity to Eastern Ukraine After Kiev Cuts Power - April 25th, 2017
- US 'Deeply Concerned' After Turkey Bombs American Allies in Iraq and Syria - April 25th, 2017