US Spurns Afghan Govt. Claim Killings Were 'Accidental'
An Afghan National Army soldier shot and killed two American soldiers in Laghman Province today following a dispute. The Afghan soldier was killed in return fire by other US troops.
Afghan government officials claimed that the incident was an “accident” and said the soldier tripped over his weapon and it went off killing the US soldiers. US officials termed the explanation “total bullsh*t.”
It is the 33rd “green-on-blue” attack so far this year, which has amounted to 42 NATO soldier slain, mostly Americans. The term “green-on-blue” is being deprecated by the Pentagon, which is trying to rebrand them as “insider attacks.”
And yet in this case, there is no indication that the shooter is an infiltrator of any sort into the Afghan military, and the shooting was the result of some sort of argument. Exactly what was being argued about is unclear.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Forces Continue to Gain Ground in East Aleppo - December 4th, 2016
- ISIS Counter-Attacks Slow Iraq's Invasion to a Halt - December 4th, 2016
- Fearing Loss of CIA Backing, Syria Rebels Turn to al-Qaeda, Saudis - December 4th, 2016
- Syrian Rebel Losses Likely to Ease Trump's Planned Shift - December 4th, 2016
- Trump's Taiwan Phone Call Planned All Along - December 4th, 2016