Two Others Wounded in Attack Near Shana Khora Village
In the fourth attack in as many days, US drones attacked a car just outside of the village of Shana Khora in Pakistan’s North Waziristan Agency today, killing five and wounding two others.
US drone strikes have been a continuing source of tension between the US and Pakistan, which has warned that the strikes are doing more harm than good. The US has ruled out ending the strikes.
The Obama Administration has maintained that the strikes are legal under international law, but it has also claimed details of the program are “classified” and declined to publicly discuss them. Of well over 2,000 people killed in drone strikes since Obama took office, only a few dozen have ever been identified, with the vast majority termed “suspects” forever.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Amnesty: US-Backed Syrian Kurds Committing War Crimes - October 12th, 2015
- NATO Vows Military Support if Turkey Goes to War with Russia - October 12th, 2015
- Major Taliban Sweep Continues as Forces Near Key Afghan City of Ghazni - October 12th, 2015
- US Airdrops Weapons, Ammunition to North Syrian Rebels - October 12th, 2015
- Syrian al-Qaeda Leader Urges Escalated Attacks on Alawites - October 12th, 2015