Two Others Wounded in Attack Near Shana Khora Village
In the fourth attack in as many days, US drones attacked a car just outside of the village of Shana Khora in Pakistan’s North Waziristan Agency today, killing five and wounding two others.
US drone strikes have been a continuing source of tension between the US and Pakistan, which has warned that the strikes are doing more harm than good. The US has ruled out ending the strikes.
The Obama Administration has maintained that the strikes are legal under international law, but it has also claimed details of the program are “classified” and declined to publicly discuss them. Of well over 2,000 people killed in drone strikes since Obama took office, only a few dozen have ever been identified, with the vast majority termed “suspects” forever.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Offers Cash Rewards for Foreign Spies - November 25th, 2014
- US to Leave More Troops in Afghanistan in 2015 - November 25th, 2014
- Iran Hardliners Slam Extension of Nuclear Talks, But Khamenei Approves - November 25th, 2014
- Years of Bombings Have Iraq Changing Baghdad Security - November 25th, 2014
- Pentagon Denies US Soldier Was Among Eight Hostages Rescued in Yemen - November 25th, 2014