Two Others Wounded in Attack Near Shana Khora Village
In the fourth attack in as many days, US drones attacked a car just outside of the village of Shana Khora in Pakistan’s North Waziristan Agency today, killing five and wounding two others.
US drone strikes have been a continuing source of tension between the US and Pakistan, which has warned that the strikes are doing more harm than good. The US has ruled out ending the strikes.
The Obama Administration has maintained that the strikes are legal under international law, but it has also claimed details of the program are “classified” and declined to publicly discuss them. Of well over 2,000 people killed in drone strikes since Obama took office, only a few dozen have ever been identified, with the vast majority termed “suspects” forever.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- At Least 250 ISIS Killed in US Airstrikes in Fallujah - June 29th, 2016
- Day of Mourning as Istanbul Death Toll Rises to 42 - June 29th, 2016
- UN: Aid Deliveries Made to All Besieged Parts of Syria - June 29th, 2016
- Iraqi Troops Near Qayara, Key Airbase on the Road to Mosul - June 29th, 2016
- CIA Chief: ISIS Is Likely Plotting Strikes in US - June 29th, 2016