Two Others Wounded in Attack Near Shana Khora Village
In the fourth attack in as many days, US drones attacked a car just outside of the village of Shana Khora in Pakistan’s North Waziristan Agency today, killing five and wounding two others.
US drone strikes have been a continuing source of tension between the US and Pakistan, which has warned that the strikes are doing more harm than good. The US has ruled out ending the strikes.
The Obama Administration has maintained that the strikes are legal under international law, but it has also claimed details of the program are “classified” and declined to publicly discuss them. Of well over 2,000 people killed in drone strikes since Obama took office, only a few dozen have ever been identified, with the vast majority termed “suspects” forever.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pakistan Hesitant to Join Saudi War, Fearing Sectarian Strife - March 27th, 2015
- Yemen Invasion Could Define Saudi Policy for Years to Come - March 27th, 2015
- Yemen's Houthis Advance Despite Continued Saudi-Led Strikes - March 27th, 2015
- Kerry Updates Israel as Iran Deal Looks Imminent - March 27th, 2015
- US Lobbying Fails as Allies Flock to China-Led Bank - March 27th, 2015