Two Others Wounded in Attack Near Shana Khora Village
In the fourth attack in as many days, US drones attacked a car just outside of the village of Shana Khora in Pakistan’s North Waziristan Agency today, killing five and wounding two others.
US drone strikes have been a continuing source of tension between the US and Pakistan, which has warned that the strikes are doing more harm than good. The US has ruled out ending the strikes.
The Obama Administration has maintained that the strikes are legal under international law, but it has also claimed details of the program are “classified” and declined to publicly discuss them. Of well over 2,000 people killed in drone strikes since Obama took office, only a few dozen have ever been identified, with the vast majority termed “suspects” forever.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Massive Antiwar Protests in Tokyo Over PM's Attempt to Revamp Military - August 30th, 2015
- Five Killed in Taliban Infighting in Southern Afghanistan - August 30th, 2015
- Netanyahu Claims Israel Fine With Iran Having Civilian Nuclear Program - August 30th, 2015
- ISIS Fighters Seize Part of Syrian Capital of Damascus - August 30th, 2015
- Saudi Airstrikes Kill 36 in Attack on Yemen Bottling Plant - August 30th, 2015