Two Others Wounded in Attack Near Shana Khora Village
In the fourth attack in as many days, US drones attacked a car just outside of the village of Shana Khora in Pakistan’s North Waziristan Agency today, killing five and wounding two others.
US drone strikes have been a continuing source of tension between the US and Pakistan, which has warned that the strikes are doing more harm than good. The US has ruled out ending the strikes.
The Obama Administration has maintained that the strikes are legal under international law, but it has also claimed details of the program are “classified” and declined to publicly discuss them. Of well over 2,000 people killed in drone strikes since Obama took office, only a few dozen have ever been identified, with the vast majority termed “suspects” forever.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pentagon: US Troops Embedded in Afghan Combat, but Not Meant to Fight - September 25th, 2016
- Myriad Forces to Join Invasion of Iraq's Mosul, But With Different Agendas - September 25th, 2016
- International Investigators Find Little Interest in Anti-ISIS Tribunal - September 25th, 2016
- General: UK Warplanes Attacked by ISIS Surface-to-Air Missiles Over Iraq - September 25th, 2016
- US, Russia Trade Condemnations at Emergency UN Meeting on Syria - September 25th, 2016