Two Others Wounded in Attack Near Shana Khora Village
In the fourth attack in as many days, US drones attacked a car just outside of the village of Shana Khora in Pakistan’s North Waziristan Agency today, killing five and wounding two others.
US drone strikes have been a continuing source of tension between the US and Pakistan, which has warned that the strikes are doing more harm than good. The US has ruled out ending the strikes.
The Obama Administration has maintained that the strikes are legal under international law, but it has also claimed details of the program are “classified” and declined to publicly discuss them. Of well over 2,000 people killed in drone strikes since Obama took office, only a few dozen have ever been identified, with the vast majority termed “suspects” forever.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- As Israel Moves Rightward, Many Are Annoyed Military Isn't Going With Them - May 30th, 2016
- Libyan Oil Forces Capture Town From ISIS After Heavy Fighting - May 30th, 2016
- In Surprise Move, Netanyahu Willing to Discuss Arab Peace Initiative - May 30th, 2016
- NATO Plans Yet More Troops in Eastern Europe at 'Landmark Summit' - May 30th, 2016
- US-Backed Syrian Kurds Expand Anti-ISIS Push, Targeting Tabqa - May 30th, 2016