Two Others Wounded in Attack Near Shana Khora Village
In the fourth attack in as many days, US drones attacked a car just outside of the village of Shana Khora in Pakistan’s North Waziristan Agency today, killing five and wounding two others.
US drone strikes have been a continuing source of tension between the US and Pakistan, which has warned that the strikes are doing more harm than good. The US has ruled out ending the strikes.
The Obama Administration has maintained that the strikes are legal under international law, but it has also claimed details of the program are “classified” and declined to publicly discuss them. Of well over 2,000 people killed in drone strikes since Obama took office, only a few dozen have ever been identified, with the vast majority termed “suspects” forever.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israeli Military Tells Families of Terror Suspects Their Homes Will Be Demolished - February 5th, 2016
- Recent Syrian Gains in Aleppo Could Make ISIS a Target - February 5th, 2016
- Syrian Army Captures Town Near Jordan Border - February 5th, 2016
- Slowly But Surely, Afghan Taliban Unite Behind Mullah Mansour - February 5th, 2016
- At Least 30 Killed in Heavy Fighting in Southeast Libya - February 5th, 2016