Two Others Wounded in Attack Near Shana Khora Village
In the fourth attack in as many days, US drones attacked a car just outside of the village of Shana Khora in Pakistan’s North Waziristan Agency today, killing five and wounding two others.
US drone strikes have been a continuing source of tension between the US and Pakistan, which has warned that the strikes are doing more harm than good. The US has ruled out ending the strikes.
The Obama Administration has maintained that the strikes are legal under international law, but it has also claimed details of the program are “classified” and declined to publicly discuss them. Of well over 2,000 people killed in drone strikes since Obama took office, only a few dozen have ever been identified, with the vast majority termed “suspects” forever.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- The Lakkis Assassination and Israel's 'Kill List' - December 4th, 2013
- Pentagon Guidelines No Longer Ban Killing Civilians With Drones - December 4th, 2013
- Key Hezbollah Commander Assassinated in Beirut - December 4th, 2013
- Army General Defends $36 Million Afghan Headquarters Gaffe - December 4th, 2013
- Britain Courting Islamist Factions to Keep Syria War Going - December 4th, 2013