Two Others Wounded in Attack Near Shana Khora Village
In the fourth attack in as many days, US drones attacked a car just outside of the village of Shana Khora in Pakistan’s North Waziristan Agency today, killing five and wounding two others.
US drone strikes have been a continuing source of tension between the US and Pakistan, which has warned that the strikes are doing more harm than good. The US has ruled out ending the strikes.
The Obama Administration has maintained that the strikes are legal under international law, but it has also claimed details of the program are “classified” and declined to publicly discuss them. Of well over 2,000 people killed in drone strikes since Obama took office, only a few dozen have ever been identified, with the vast majority termed “suspects” forever.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Police Provocations Continue, Ferguson Protests Remain Peaceful - August 19th, 2014
- Iraq's New PM, Like Maliki, Defined by Years of Sectarianism - August 19th, 2014
- Neither Obama Nor Congress Eager for Vote on Iraq - August 19th, 2014
- Israeli Airstrikes on Gaza Kill Woman, Two-Year-Old Girl - August 19th, 2014
- Pakistani Military Takes Red Zone as Protests Near Parliament - August 19th, 2014