Random Statement Doesn't Appear Based on Any Particular Intelligence
There doesn’t appear to be anything behind it beyond the usual random scare-mongering, but US State Department coordinator Daniel Benjamin has warned today of a possible Hezbollah attack.
“We assess that Hezbollah could attack in Europe or elsewhere at any time,” Benjamin said, in an apparent guess of what might theoretically happen at some point in history.
He went on to say that Hezbollah has “a presence in Europe” and that it might conceivably move against Israel or some other nation for targeting Iran either in Europe or some other place on the planet.
Other than a handful of unproven allegations Hezbollah has shown little interest in operations outside of Lebanon and its immediate vicinity, and has never shown any particular interest in launching attacks inside Europe.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- FM: Russia Won't Accept US Terms to End Sanctions - October 20th, 2014
- Egypt Denies Plans to Join US War Against ISIS - October 20th, 2014
- Kobani Kurds Thank US for Arms, Insist They're Not Enough - October 20th, 2014
- Riots in East Jerusalem Neighborhood After Settlers Move In - October 20th, 2014
- Turkey to Allow Peshmerga Fighters to Cross Into Kobani - October 20th, 2014