Random Statement Doesn't Appear Based on Any Particular Intelligence
There doesn’t appear to be anything behind it beyond the usual random scare-mongering, but US State Department coordinator Daniel Benjamin has warned today of a possible Hezbollah attack.
“We assess that Hezbollah could attack in Europe or elsewhere at any time,” Benjamin said, in an apparent guess of what might theoretically happen at some point in history.
He went on to say that Hezbollah has “a presence in Europe” and that it might conceivably move against Israel or some other nation for targeting Iran either in Europe or some other place on the planet.
Other than a handful of unproven allegations Hezbollah has shown little interest in operations outside of Lebanon and its immediate vicinity, and has never shown any particular interest in launching attacks inside Europe.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Assad: Real Cooperation Needed to Defeat ISIS in Syria - November 21st, 2014
- ISIS Fighters Attack Govt Building in Anbar Provincial Capital - November 21st, 2014
- Turkey, US Downplay Differences on ISIS War - November 21st, 2014
- Obama Signs Secret Order to Expand Afghan War in 2015 - November 21st, 2014
- Yemen's al-Qaeda Denounces ISIS and Shi'ite Rebels - November 21st, 2014