Speaking today in an interview with Charlie Rose, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton claimed that Iran secretly really wants to be attacked by the US because it “would unify the Iranian public and legitimize the Islamic regime.”
Clinton’s argument, such as it is, came just days after the end of the latest round of negotiations with Iran, following Israeli demands for the US to be more “explicit” in its threats to attack Iran.
Interestingly enough, Clinton’s belief that Iran “wants” the attack and that it would benefit them did not stop her from continuing on in detail about the importance of “stopping” Iran within the next year or so, by diplomacy or with an attack.
Indeed, Clinton seemed to warn against the idea of not attacking Iran, cautioning that a war would be “not only about Iran” but about avoiding “unforeseen consequences” that could erupt from the lack of a new US war.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Multiple Bombings Kill 40 Across Pakistan - June 23rd, 2017
- Obama Ordered Cyberweapons Implanted Into Russia's Infrastructure - June 23rd, 2017
- Pakistan: We Won't Tolerate Drone Strikes on Our Soil - June 22nd, 2017
- Iraq PM: Destruction of Mosul Mosque Proves ISIS Is Defeated - June 22nd, 2017
- Turkey: US Promised to Take Back Kurds' Arms After ISIS Is Defeated - June 22nd, 2017