End to Moscow Talks Means New Israeli Threats
With the end of the latest round of P5+1 talks with Iran yesterday in Moscow, and the promise of another round of talks in a couple of weeks in Istanbul, there is time again in the interim for Israeli officials to make threats and demand more Western sanctions.
Today the job of doing so fell to Vice Premier Shaul Mofaz, who insisted that Israel will continue to prepare “all options” against Iran, while demanding that the US “impose more several sanctions in the oil embargo and financial sectors.”
The Moscow talks were the latest in several rounds of talks, each of which has ended after a brief exchange, only to be followed by new demands from Israel, as well as new condemnations of the talks on general principle.
Iran made it clear this time around that they are open to making concessions only if they are guaranteed a supply of fuel for their medical isotope reactor. Western officials provided no details as to why this was unacceptable, only saying that the talks would continue in Istanbul.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Report: BP to Open Office in Iran Capital - May 5th, 2016
- Israeli Tank Fire Kills Gaza Woman in Worst Clashes Since 2014 - May 5th, 2016
- Most UK Troops Going to Libya for 'Protection' - May 5th, 2016
- ISIS Seizes Key East Syria Gas Field - May 5th, 2016
- Turkey Won't Hold Election as President Consolidates Power - May 5th, 2016