Rebels Slam Ceasefire, Vow 'Bigger Conflict'
Most of the Syrian rebels had dismissed the ceasefire deal virtually the moment it was announced, and are now more open than ever about the fact that they’re arming in a big way (with the support of the GCC) and planning a “bigger conflict.”
But when Syria’s Civil War breaks out again, and everyone assumes at this point that it will, the US is already clear that they consider Russia and Iran entirely to blame, using high profile comments today to publicly lash both nations for not jumping on the rebel bandwagon as quickly as they have.
“[The Russians] are telling me they don’t want to see a civil war. I have been telling them their policy is going to help to contribute to a civil war,” Secretary of State Hillary Clinton insisted. Russia has been faulted by a number of Western countries for refusing to endorse UN Security Council measures they fear could be used for a Libya-style NATO invasion.
The White House went on to condemn Iran, saying it was responsible for propping up Assad and that it is trying to “expand its nefarious influence in the region” by doing so.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Obama's Terror Policy Criticized Amid Claims of 'Progress' - July 2nd, 2015
- Egypt Attacks ISIS Targets in North Sinai, Killing 35 - July 2nd, 2015
- As Egypt Lashes Out at ISIS, Gaza Could Be in Line of Fire - July 2nd, 2015
- Egypt May 'Invite' Israel to Join Sinai Fight Against ISIS - July 2nd, 2015
- Afghan Troops Raid Doctors Without Borders-Run Hospital - July 2nd, 2015