The Yemeni government continues to rewrite the story of the air strikes of the past several days, and is now saying they were conducted entirely by US drones, and that the US never gave them any notice of the strikes.
The strikes, which the Yemeni government says killed at least 64 people, centered around the Abyan Province, but also hit the Bayda Province. Officials termed everyone killed an “insurgent.”
The US has declined to comment on any of the strikes, and has been largely silent on Yemen since early this month when they confirmed that US ground troops were attacked in Aden, an odd confirmation since the US had never announced sending ground troops to Yemen.
So far Yemen’s government has purely provided informational statements, and while they contradict one another significantly it doesn’t seem that there’s any official anger at the attacks, meaning only human rights groups are criticizing the US.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Exodus From Eastern Ghouta as Syrian Army Appears to Near Victory - March 18th, 2018
- Pentagon Defends Keeping Niger Attacks Secret - March 18th, 2018
- Trump Administration Scrambles to Convince Congress Not to Halt Yemen War - March 18th, 2018
- Sen. Corker Predicts Trump Will Withdraw From Iran Deal in May - March 18th, 2018
- May Says Britain Considers More Steps Against Russia in Coming Days - March 18th, 2018