Warning that the Taliban had turned US forces’ burning of Qurans into a major advantage for their side, Afghan Army Chief Gen. Sher Mohammad Karimi today cautioned NATO against future negligence, saying they could not afford to make any more blunders. In the current environment Afghan patience is wearing extremely thin, and Karimi warned that there would be “a lot of trouble next time” if something like this happens again.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Philippine Police Conduct Door-to-Door Drug Tests in Manila's Poor Neighborhoods - August 23rd, 2017
- Lockheed, Raytheon Get Contracts for New Nuclear Cruise Missile - August 23rd, 2017
- 16 Years Into War, Taliban's Presence Across Afghanistan Growing - August 23rd, 2017
- Yemen's Houthis Ban Political Activity Ahead of Planned Capital Rally - August 23rd, 2017
- US Has Thousands More Troops in Afghanistan Than Official Figure - August 23rd, 2017