Warning that the Taliban had turned US forces’ burning of Qurans into a major advantage for their side, Afghan Army Chief Gen. Sher Mohammad Karimi today cautioned NATO against future negligence, saying they could not afford to make any more blunders. In the current environment Afghan patience is wearing extremely thin, and Karimi warned that there would be “a lot of trouble next time” if something like this happens again.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Key Iraqi Shi'ite Militia Chief Wants Fighters Placed Under National Army - December 14th, 2017
- US Troops, Syrian Rebels Battle ISIS Near Key Base - December 14th, 2017
- US Will Preposition Jet Fuel in Algeria, Niger to Expand Drone Wars - December 14th, 2017
- US Warplanes Fire Warning Flares at Russian Jets Over Syria - December 14th, 2017
- Iran: US Presentation of Iranian Arms in Yemen Fabricated - December 14th, 2017