Violence continued today across Syria, but the messages from opposition factions appear to be running at cross-purposes. On the one hand, some are describing massive civilian tolls and a city “under siege” in Homs, while others are claiming significant rebel gains.
Indeed, while some claimed rebel gains in certain neighborhoods of Homs, the opposition activists also claimed that the Free Syrian Army (FSA) had entirely expelled the Syrian military from Rastan.
Apart from being used to defend calls for an invaison, the pro-democracy protests seem to be an afterthought, with attention now turning to directly arming the FSA and other opposition factions in the civil war.
Still, any day in Homs has to produce at least one entertaining story, with the latest being claims that the opposition is using carrier pigeons to relay messages from neighborhood to neighborhood. Interestingly, they revealed their use of carrier pigeons on Youtube.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Attacks Afghan Taliban Commander's House, Killing 15 - July 17th, 2018
- Trump: No Time Limit for Denuclearization of North Korea - July 17th, 2018
- Afghan Govt Rejects Idea of US-Taliban Peace Talks - July 17th, 2018
- Israeli Army Told to Prepare for Large-Scale Invasion of Gaza - July 17th, 2018
- Lawmakers, Media Look to Undermine US-Russia Detente - July 17th, 2018