In April 2003, days after the fall of Baghdad, British troops in a pair of RAF CH47 Chinook helicopters were on a mission to transport Iraqi detainees to a prison camp under the cover of darkness. Before the end of the night, one detainee had died on board one of the helicopters, allegedly beaten to death by RAF personnel. As the incident became shrouded in secrecy by the government, additional deaths also came to the fore. Only now are the holes in the story being filled in, with one of the revelations being a secret Iraq detention camp.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013