After years of officials insisting that the Afghan War is going well, Lt. Col Daniel L. Davis has broken from this trend with his candor. The career Army man has released two reports, one unclassified and one classified, describing a reality on the ground considerably inconsistent with the official statements the military presents to political leadership or the American public.
The Pentagon has dismissed the report, insisting everything it said was totally honest, apparently including statements that appear to contradict one another. Congressmen who have met with Lt. Col Davis have admitted to receiving “a lot of resistance from the Pentagon.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US-Led Airstrikes Killed 472 Civilians in Syria in the Past Month - June 23rd, 2017
- US Narrows Counter-Extremism Program to Focus on Islamists - June 23rd, 2017
- Senator: US Strikes on Syrian Forces 'Unlawful' - June 23rd, 2017
- Kurds Warn Turkey's Buildup in North Syria Threatens Raqqa Invasion - June 23rd, 2017
- Senators Seek Clarification on US Role in Yemen Torture - June 23rd, 2017