After years of officials insisting that the Afghan War is going well, Lt. Col Daniel L. Davis has broken from this trend with his candor. The career Army man has released two reports, one unclassified and one classified, describing a reality on the ground considerably inconsistent with the official statements the military presents to political leadership or the American public.
The Pentagon has dismissed the report, insisting everything it said was totally honest, apparently including statements that appear to contradict one another. Congressmen who have met with Lt. Col Davis have admitted to receiving “a lot of resistance from the Pentagon.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israeli Army Told to Prepare for Large-Scale Invasion of Gaza - July 17th, 2018
- Lawmakers, Media Look to Undermine US-Russia Detente - July 17th, 2018
- Pompeo Rejects EU Appeal for Iran Sanctions Exemptions - July 16th, 2018
- US Commander: Afghan ISIS Resilient to US Attacks, Almost Impossible to Defeat - July 16th, 2018
- Israel Attacks on Aleppo Air Base Killed at Least 22 - July 16th, 2018