After years of officials insisting that the Afghan War is going well, Lt. Col Daniel L. Davis has broken from this trend with his candor. The career Army man has released two reports, one unclassified and one classified, describing a reality on the ground considerably inconsistent with the official statements the military presents to political leadership or the American public.
The Pentagon has dismissed the report, insisting everything it said was totally honest, apparently including statements that appear to contradict one another. Congressmen who have met with Lt. Col Davis have admitted to receiving “a lot of resistance from the Pentagon.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israel Publicly Admits 2007 Attack on Syria 'Nuclear Reactor' - March 21st, 2018
- Trump Pushes Europe on Iran Deal, But May Kill Deal Either Way - March 21st, 2018
- Trump and Saudis Discussed Saudi Arabia's Nuclear Ambitions - March 21st, 2018
- ISIS Suicide Bomber Kills Dozens Near Shrine in Afghan Capital - March 21st, 2018
- US-South Korea Spring War Games to Be Scaled Back This Year - March 21st, 2018