Iran’s government has long denied that the sanctions against it are having an impact. And maybe they aren’t from the government’s perspective. But as factories close and prices soar, the sanctions are affecting Iranian civilians and leading, predictably, to increased desperation and anger at the international community.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Catalonia Will Declare Independence If Spain Suspends Autonomy - October 18th, 2017
- Spain PM Vows to Seize Catalonia If Independence Isn't Abandoned - October 18th, 2017
- Iraqi Kurds Withdraw to June 2014 Lines as Offensive Continues - October 18th, 2017
- US Drone Strikes Kill 31 People in Pakistan Tribal Areas - October 17th, 2017
- Catalonia Won't Renounce Independence, Despite Looming Deadline - October 17th, 2017