Iran’s government has long denied that the sanctions against it are having an impact. And maybe they aren’t from the government’s perspective. But as factories close and prices soar, the sanctions are affecting Iranian civilians and leading, predictably, to increased desperation and anger at the international community.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US to Cut Some Somali Military Aid Over Misuse, Corruption - December 17th, 2017
- Sistani: Shi'ite Militias Should Remain as Part of Iraq's Security Services - December 17th, 2017
- Mounting Tensions Drive Arms Sales to Multi-Decade High - December 17th, 2017
- US Commandos Participate in Thousands of Afghan Ground Operations - December 17th, 2017
- Israeli Crackdowns, Arrests Fail to Stop Jerusalem Protests - December 17th, 2017