Navy spokesman Lt. Commander Mike Kafka today confirmed plans to deploy a large “mothership” for commando forces to the Middle East, though he declined to specify exactly where the ship would go or why.
The ship, sort of a “floating base” for Navy SEALs, could be used for attacks on any number of targets, from Yemen to Somalia to Iran. It typifies the Obama Administration’s new strategy of using special operations forces more and more in its assort military adventures as a way of increasing flexibility and avoiding massive ground occupations.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Al-Qaeda Fighters Kill 22 Syrian Troops Near Idlib - November 16th, 2018
- US Opposes UNGA Resolution Calling on Israel to Return Golan Heights - November 16th, 2018
- US to Accuse Iran of Capacity to Violate Chemical Weapons Ban - November 16th, 2018
- Israel Coalition Falters as Netanyahu Takes Top Positions - November 16th, 2018
- Report: CIA Concludes Saudi Crown Prince Ordered Khashoggi's Murder - November 16th, 2018