Navy spokesman Lt. Commander Mike Kafka today confirmed plans to deploy a large “mothership” for commando forces to the Middle East, though he declined to specify exactly where the ship would go or why.
The ship, sort of a “floating base” for Navy SEALs, could be used for attacks on any number of targets, from Yemen to Somalia to Iran. It typifies the Obama Administration’s new strategy of using special operations forces more and more in its assort military adventures as a way of increasing flexibility and avoiding massive ground occupations.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Major Taliban Attacks Kill at Least 74 Across Afghanistan - October 17th, 2017
- Peshmerga: Iraqi Offensive Is a 'Declaration of War' - October 16th, 2017
- Thousands Flee as Iraqi Forces Seize Kirkuk - October 16th, 2017
- Pentagon Backs Away as US Allies Prepare to Battle in Iraqi Kurdistan - October 16th, 2017
- North Korea Rejects US Talks Amid Threats - October 16th, 2017