Navy spokesman Lt. Commander Mike Kafka today confirmed plans to deploy a large “mothership” for commando forces to the Middle East, though he declined to specify exactly where the ship would go or why.
The ship, sort of a “floating base” for Navy SEALs, could be used for attacks on any number of targets, from Yemen to Somalia to Iran. It typifies the Obama Administration’s new strategy of using special operations forces more and more in its assort military adventures as a way of increasing flexibility and avoiding massive ground occupations.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Tortured in Detention on US Soil, Qatari Man Maintains His Innocence - April 25th, 2018
- Chemical Inspectors Again Visit Syria's Douma, Collect More Samples - April 25th, 2018
- Russia Says Syria's New Air Defense Will Be Delivered Soon - April 25th, 2018
- Europeans Prepare Side-Deal to Try to Save Iran Nuclear Pact - April 25th, 2018
- Iran's President Rules Out Changes or Additions to Nuclear Deal - April 25th, 2018