Holding US drone pilots accountable for the many, many civilians they kill has already been a lesson in futility, but it appears this will be doubly so with the advent of the X-47B, the first pilotless variant.
Officials are quick to assure that the computer in the X-47B which decides who lives and who dies could potentially be overriden by humans. Though this is preferable to the killbots of the Terminator franchise, it doesn’t answer the question of who, if anybody, will be theoretically accountable when the drone decides to kill innocent civilians.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Cleric Sadr Calls for Delay in Forming Iraqi Govt as Protests Grow - July 19th, 2018
- Putin: Talks on Extending START Nuclear Treaty Must Start Now - July 19th, 2018
- Trump Invites Putin to White House for Second Summit - July 19th, 2018
- Afghan Defense Ministry Confirms Civilians Killed in Kunduz Airstrike - July 19th, 2018
- Trump Says Critics Badly Want War With Russia - July 19th, 2018