With tensions already on the rise, Wired.com’s Danger Room is reporting today that a new US commando team, known as the Joint Special Operations Task Force-GCC (JSOTF-GCC), is operating in a number of countries near Iran. The military has not previously acknowledged that the JSOTF-GCC even existed.
The group is said to be designed to “confront irregular threats.” The GCC includes a number of Gulf Arab states as well as Saudi Arabia, and was the organization behind the Saudi-led invasion of Bahrain to put down pro-democracy protests in that nation.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Abbas: Campaign for Jerusalem Has Begun - July 23rd, 2017
- US Coalition Sees a 'Lot More' to Do in Syria After Raqqa - July 23rd, 2017
- US Likely to Get Dragged Into Any Kurdish Conflict With Assad - July 23rd, 2017
- Iran and Iraq Sign New Military Cooperation Deal - July 23rd, 2017
- Ceasefire Announced in Damascus Suburb of Eastern Ghouta - July 23rd, 2017