With tensions already on the rise, Wired.com’s Danger Room is reporting today that a new US commando team, known as the Joint Special Operations Task Force-GCC (JSOTF-GCC), is operating in a number of countries near Iran. The military has not previously acknowledged that the JSOTF-GCC even existed.
The group is said to be designed to “confront irregular threats.” The GCC includes a number of Gulf Arab states as well as Saudi Arabia, and was the organization behind the Saudi-led invasion of Bahrain to put down pro-democracy protests in that nation.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Saudi Allies Condemn Pakistan for Refusing to Join Yemen War - April 12th, 2015
- Afghan Civilian Toll Rising Again, 2015 Could Be Another Deadly Record - April 12th, 2015
- Obama Blasts Attempts to Derail Iran Nuclear Deal - April 12th, 2015
- Iran MPs Want Facts on Framework Deal - April 12th, 2015
- Netanyahu's Great Fear: Iran Will Comply With Nuclear Deal - April 12th, 2015