With tensions already on the rise, Wired.com’s Danger Room is reporting today that a new US commando team, known as the Joint Special Operations Task Force-GCC (JSOTF-GCC), is operating in a number of countries near Iran. The military has not previously acknowledged that the JSOTF-GCC even existed.
The group is said to be designed to “confront irregular threats.” The GCC includes a number of Gulf Arab states as well as Saudi Arabia, and was the organization behind the Saudi-led invasion of Bahrain to put down pro-democracy protests in that nation.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Air Force Seeks Proposals for Over $60 Billion in New Nukes - July 29th, 2016
- Airstrike Hits Maternity Hospital in Northern Syria, Killing Two - July 29th, 2016
- At Convention, Hillary Clinton Stresses Israel's Security, Not Quest for Peace - July 29th, 2016
- Former Cybersecurity Director: 'Idiots' Want to Attack Russia Over DNC Hack - July 29th, 2016
- FBI Probes Latest Hack on Clinton Campaign - July 29th, 2016