A new report today in the Boston Globe has revealed that former Liberian Dictator Charles Taylor had ties with both the CIA and the Pentagon’s internal spy agency the DIA. The Pentagon confirmed the ties in a FOIA request but declined to give any specific details about exactly what he did for them, citing “national security.”
Taylor ruled Liberia from 1997 through 2003, and was indicted on crimes against humanity in 2003. He is currently in custody at the Hague.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US-Backed Kurds Say Russian Warplanes Attacked Them - September 25th, 2017
- North Korea Says Trump Has Declared War, US Says No - September 25th, 2017
- Palestinian Authority to Convene in Gaza Amid Reconciliation Push - September 25th, 2017
- Spanish Officials Declare Catalonia Referendum 'Discredited' - September 25th, 2017
- Spain's Attorney General: Catalan President May Face Arrest - September 25th, 2017