A new report today in the Boston Globe has revealed that former Liberian Dictator Charles Taylor had ties with both the CIA and the Pentagon’s internal spy agency the DIA. The Pentagon confirmed the ties in a FOIA request but declined to give any specific details about exactly what he did for them, citing “national security.”
Taylor ruled Liberia from 1997 through 2003, and was indicted on crimes against humanity in 2003. He is currently in custody at the Hague.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israeli Ambassador to France Slammed for Attempt to Censor News - October 16th, 2018
- Suspects in Journalist's Disappearance Linked to Saudi Crown Prince - October 16th, 2018
- Erdogan: Turkey to Expand Military Operations Against Syrian Kurds - October 16th, 2018
- Koreas Agree to Reconnect Rail, Road Links - October 16th, 2018
- Erdogan: Toxic Materials Found in Saudi Consulate - October 16th, 2018