A new report today in the Boston Globe has revealed that former Liberian Dictator Charles Taylor had ties with both the CIA and the Pentagon’s internal spy agency the DIA. The Pentagon confirmed the ties in a FOIA request but declined to give any specific details about exactly what he did for them, citing “national security.”
Taylor ruled Liberia from 1997 through 2003, and was indicted on crimes against humanity in 2003. He is currently in custody at the Hague.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Iraq Captures 'Last' ISIS Town of Rawa - November 17th, 2017
- North Korea: No Negotiations If US Military Drills Continue - November 17th, 2017
- Israel Military Chief: Ready to Share Iran Intel With Saudis - November 16th, 2017
- Turkey: Raqqa Deal Shows Kurds Aim to Conquer Region, Not Fight ISIS - November 16th, 2017
- UN: Yemen Blockade Must End or Thousands Will Die - November 16th, 2017