A new report today in the Boston Globe has revealed that former Liberian Dictator Charles Taylor had ties with both the CIA and the Pentagon’s internal spy agency the DIA. The Pentagon confirmed the ties in a FOIA request but declined to give any specific details about exactly what he did for them, citing “national security.”
Taylor ruled Liberia from 1997 through 2003, and was indicted on crimes against humanity in 2003. He is currently in custody at the Hague.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Rebels Began Evacuating Golan for North - July 20th, 2018
- Syrian, Russian Warplanes Kill 26 Civilians in Strikes on Southern ISIS Towns - July 20th, 2018
- US Urges Strict UN Sanctions on North Korea Until Denuclearization Finished - July 20th, 2018
- Merkel: Europe Can't Rely on US to Impose World Order - July 20th, 2018
- Israel, Hamas Reach Another Ceasefire After Five Killed in Friday Clashes - July 20th, 2018