A new report today in the Boston Globe has revealed that former Liberian Dictator Charles Taylor had ties with both the CIA and the Pentagon’s internal spy agency the DIA. The Pentagon confirmed the ties in a FOIA request but declined to give any specific details about exactly what he did for them, citing “national security.”
Taylor ruled Liberia from 1997 through 2003, and was indicted on crimes against humanity in 2003. He is currently in custody at the Hague.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- European Union 'Stands Ready to Act' Over US Sanctions on Russia - July 24th, 2017
- Hezbollah: Border Fighting Against Nusra Is Almost Won - July 24th, 2017
- Israel Removes Metal Detectors From Around al-Aqsa Mosque - July 24th, 2017
- Egypt's Sisi Vows Qatar Blockade Will Continue - July 24th, 2017
- US Blames Failed Missile Test on Sailor Pushing 'The Wrong Button' - July 24th, 2017