Opposes Any Theoretical Talks With Iran
Speaking today in the wake of a congressional trip to the Middle East, Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R – FL) condemned the idea of talks with Iran, even though at the moment there is no indication that any such talks are upcoming.
Ros-Lehtinen insisted that nations she visited were under the assumption that talks were theoretically possible in the future, saying that “I certainly hope we’re not going to do that foolish venture again.”
Ros-Lehtinen went on to term all talks with Iran a “foolish waste of time” and insisted that she “absolutely, unequivocally, very clearly and directly oppose any kind of talks with Iran.”
Last week Ros-Lehtinen made a big deal of railing against Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s state visits to South America, and accused Ecuador’s relationship with Iran of being a threat to American interests.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Results of US MOAB Strike in Afghanistan Remain Unknown - April 23rd, 2017
- Taliban Attack on North Afghanistan Army Base Kills At Least 163 - April 23rd, 2017
- Mattis: US to Increase Support for Saudis in Yemen - April 23rd, 2017
- Israel Attacks Syrian Army Base, Killing Three - April 23rd, 2017
- Al-Qaeda Leader: Syrian Jihadists Should Wage 'Patient' Guerilla War - April 23rd, 2017