Opposes Any Theoretical Talks With Iran
Speaking today in the wake of a congressional trip to the Middle East, Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R – FL) condemned the idea of talks with Iran, even though at the moment there is no indication that any such talks are upcoming.
Ros-Lehtinen insisted that nations she visited were under the assumption that talks were theoretically possible in the future, saying that “I certainly hope we’re not going to do that foolish venture again.”
Ros-Lehtinen went on to term all talks with Iran a “foolish waste of time” and insisted that she “absolutely, unequivocally, very clearly and directly oppose any kind of talks with Iran.”
Last week Ros-Lehtinen made a big deal of railing against Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s state visits to South America, and accused Ecuador’s relationship with Iran of being a threat to American interests.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Boeing: If We Can't Have Iran, Nobody Should - July 22nd, 2016
- Deputy PM: Turkey's Mass Detentions Just 'the Tip of the Iceberg' - July 22nd, 2016
- Russia's June Attack on South Syria Rebel Base Was a Day After UK Troops Left - July 22nd, 2016
- US-Backed Syrian Rebels Kill 38 Troops in Aleppo Tunnel Bomb - July 22nd, 2016
- Red Crescent Recover 14 Executed Bodies From Army-Held Benghazi District - July 22nd, 2016