Opposes Any Theoretical Talks With Iran
Speaking today in the wake of a congressional trip to the Middle East, Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R – FL) condemned the idea of talks with Iran, even though at the moment there is no indication that any such talks are upcoming.
Ros-Lehtinen insisted that nations she visited were under the assumption that talks were theoretically possible in the future, saying that “I certainly hope we’re not going to do that foolish venture again.”
Ros-Lehtinen went on to term all talks with Iran a “foolish waste of time” and insisted that she “absolutely, unequivocally, very clearly and directly oppose any kind of talks with Iran.”
Last week Ros-Lehtinen made a big deal of railing against Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s state visits to South America, and accused Ecuador’s relationship with Iran of being a threat to American interests.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Finland Report Warns Joining NATO Would Lead to Crisis With Russia - April 29th, 2016
- Airstrikes Hit Four Clinics in Aleppo in Last Two Days - April 29th, 2016
- 15 Killed as Syrian Rebels Shell Aleppo Mosque - April 29th, 2016
- Russia: US Deployment of Troops to Syria a Violation of Sovereignty - April 29th, 2016
- Iran Asks UN Chief to Intervene on US Asset Seizure - April 29th, 2016