Opposes Any Theoretical Talks With Iran
Speaking today in the wake of a congressional trip to the Middle East, Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R – FL) condemned the idea of talks with Iran, even though at the moment there is no indication that any such talks are upcoming.
Ros-Lehtinen insisted that nations she visited were under the assumption that talks were theoretically possible in the future, saying that “I certainly hope we’re not going to do that foolish venture again.”
Ros-Lehtinen went on to term all talks with Iran a “foolish waste of time” and insisted that she “absolutely, unequivocally, very clearly and directly oppose any kind of talks with Iran.”
Last week Ros-Lehtinen made a big deal of railing against Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s state visits to South America, and accused Ecuador’s relationship with Iran of being a threat to American interests.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Orders Green Berets to Remove Kurdish Militia Patches - May 27th, 2016
- Obama Has Slowed Reduction in US Nuclear Arsenal - May 27th, 2016
- Days After Forming, Israel's Far-Right Govt May Be Near Collapse - May 27th, 2016
- Last Pentagon-Trained Syrian Rebels On Verge of Defeat - May 27th, 2016
- Growing Fear for Fallujah Civilians as Iraq's Offensive Expands - May 26th, 2016