Speaking today on Iranian television, Parliamentary Speaker Ali Larijani announced that Iran has arrested several suspects over the assassination of nuclear scientist Mostafa Ahmadi Rohsan last week.
“Investigation is underway to identify the terrorists and details about the assassination,” Larijani added. Iranian officials have blamed the United States and Israel for the killing, terming it “state-sponsored terrorism.”
And indeed, the British Sunday Times has also reported the Israeli Mossad were behind the killing, citing “unnamed Israeli sources” who argued that the assassination was a prelude to a military attack, saying Israel was hoping to ensure Iran could not rebuild the nuclear sites the war would destroy.
A number of US presidential candidates have praised the assassination as well, expressing hope that the United States was involved in the killing and promising more such killings if elected.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Key Iraqi Shi'ite Militia Chief Wants Fighters Placed Under National Army - December 14th, 2017
- US Troops, Syrian Rebels Battle ISIS Near Key Base - December 14th, 2017
- US Will Preposition Jet Fuel in Algeria, Niger to Expand Drone Wars - December 14th, 2017
- US Warplanes Fire Warning Flares at Russian Jets Over Syria - December 14th, 2017
- Iran: US Presentation of Iranian Arms in Yemen Fabricated - December 14th, 2017