Speaking today on Iranian television, Parliamentary Speaker Ali Larijani announced that Iran has arrested several suspects over the assassination of nuclear scientist Mostafa Ahmadi Rohsan last week.
“Investigation is underway to identify the terrorists and details about the assassination,” Larijani added. Iranian officials have blamed the United States and Israel for the killing, terming it “state-sponsored terrorism.”
And indeed, the British Sunday Times has also reported the Israeli Mossad were behind the killing, citing “unnamed Israeli sources” who argued that the assassination was a prelude to a military attack, saying Israel was hoping to ensure Iran could not rebuild the nuclear sites the war would destroy.
A number of US presidential candidates have praised the assassination as well, expressing hope that the United States was involved in the killing and promising more such killings if elected.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Cluster Bomb Attack Against East Syrian Village Kills at Least 30 Civilians - June 28th, 2017
- Russia: Trump and Putin Probably Should Talk During Hamburg Summit - June 28th, 2017
- US Special Forces Deployed to Kurdish City on Turkish Border - June 28th, 2017
- ISIS Looks to Expand Presence in Northern Afghanistan - June 28th, 2017
- South Korea Leader Reverses Stance, Now Backs Trump Against North Korea - June 28th, 2017