Speaking today on Iranian television, Parliamentary Speaker Ali Larijani announced that Iran has arrested several suspects over the assassination of nuclear scientist Mostafa Ahmadi Rohsan last week.
“Investigation is underway to identify the terrorists and details about the assassination,” Larijani added. Iranian officials have blamed the United States and Israel for the killing, terming it “state-sponsored terrorism.”
And indeed, the British Sunday Times has also reported the Israeli Mossad were behind the killing, citing “unnamed Israeli sources” who argued that the assassination was a prelude to a military attack, saying Israel was hoping to ensure Iran could not rebuild the nuclear sites the war would destroy.
A number of US presidential candidates have praised the assassination as well, expressing hope that the United States was involved in the killing and promising more such killings if elected.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Taliban Kills Dozens of Afghan Forces in Attacks on Checkpoints - October 14th, 2018
- Bombing Kills 22 at Afghanistan Election Rally - October 14th, 2018
- Israel to Expand Settlement in Hebron, First Time in 16 Years - October 14th, 2018
- Syria's Al-Qaeda Will Accept Idlib Deal - October 14th, 2018
- South Korea President: North Korea Leader Sincere, Should Be Rewarded - October 14th, 2018