The Australian military’s official statements praising Afghan troops for helping to rebel a July Taliban attack has been thrown into doubt by a new US Army report which says those Afghan troops mostly just stood around and watched the battle. The report also says that NATO troops had a hard time telling the difference between the Taliban and the Afghan troops.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syria, Islamists Agree to Extend Ceasefire in Disputed Towns - August 27th, 2015
- US Drone Strike Kills Five in Southern Yemen - August 27th, 2015
- ISIS Seizes Territory Intended for US-Turkey 'Safe Zone' in Syria - August 27th, 2015
- Yemen FM Rules Out Talks With Houthis, Demands They Surrender - August 27th, 2015
- ISIS Suicide Bomber Kills Two Iraqi Generals in Anbar - August 27th, 2015