The Australian military’s official statements praising Afghan troops for helping to rebel a July Taliban attack has been thrown into doubt by a new US Army report which says those Afghan troops mostly just stood around and watched the battle. The report also says that NATO troops had a hard time telling the difference between the Taliban and the Afghan troops.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trapped in Fallujah, Residents Fear Long Battle - May 27th, 2016
- Pentagon Seeks Increased Military Ties With Vietnam - May 27th, 2016
- IAEA: Iran Continues to Comply With Nuclear Deal - May 27th, 2016
- US Claims ISIS Commander, Dozens of Fighters Killed in Fallujah Strikes - May 27th, 2016
- Putin Warns of Response to Poland, Romania Hosting US Missile Defense - May 27th, 2016