The Australian military’s official statements praising Afghan troops for helping to rebel a July Taliban attack has been thrown into doubt by a new US Army report which says those Afghan troops mostly just stood around and watched the battle. The report also says that NATO troops had a hard time telling the difference between the Taliban and the Afghan troops.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- South Korea Expands Air Defense Zone, Angering Japan and China - December 8th, 2013
- Netanyahu to Dutch PM: Gazans Can't Be Allowed to Ship Goods - December 8th, 2013
- Homeland Security Chair: Terrorism Spreading 'Like a Spiderweb' - December 8th, 2013
- Key Allies Ditch Iraqi PM Ahead of April Election - December 8th, 2013
- Lapid: Split on Peace Talks, Israeli Coalition Could Crumble - December 8th, 2013