The Australian military’s official statements praising Afghan troops for helping to rebel a July Taliban attack has been thrown into doubt by a new US Army report which says those Afghan troops mostly just stood around and watched the battle. The report also says that NATO troops had a hard time telling the difference between the Taliban and the Afghan troops.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Russia's Gazprom Halts Ukraine Gas Shipments Over Lack of Payment - July 1st, 2015
- Turkey Ratchets Up Rhetoric on Syria's Kurds, Sets 'Red Lines' - July 1st, 2015
- Monitors: ISIS Forces Less Visible in Raqqa as Fighting Surges Elsewhere - July 1st, 2015
- Syrian Kurds Claim ISIS Thwarted in Tel Abyad - July 1st, 2015
- 18 Yemeni Civilians, 13 Fighters Killed as Houthis Fire on Aden Neighborhood - July 1st, 2015