The Australian military’s official statements praising Afghan troops for helping to rebel a July Taliban attack has been thrown into doubt by a new US Army report which says those Afghan troops mostly just stood around and watched the battle. The report also says that NATO troops had a hard time telling the difference between the Taliban and the Afghan troops.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Violent Protests in NE India After Rebels Kill 63 - December 24th, 2014
- Syria Claims Troops Killed 81 ISIS Fighters - December 24th, 2014
- Corruption Arrests Batter Top Parties in Israel's Elections - December 24th, 2014
- Officials: Obama Hopes to Release More Gitmo Detainees Soon - December 24th, 2014
- US Preparing Surge of Military Contractors to Iraq - December 24th, 2014