The Australian military’s official statements praising Afghan troops for helping to rebel a July Taliban attack has been thrown into doubt by a new US Army report which says those Afghan troops mostly just stood around and watched the battle. The report also says that NATO troops had a hard time telling the difference between the Taliban and the Afghan troops.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Saudi Allies Condemn Pakistan for Refusing to Join Yemen War - April 12th, 2015
- Afghan Civilian Toll Rising Again, 2015 Could Be Another Deadly Record - April 12th, 2015
- Obama Blasts Attempts to Derail Iran Nuclear Deal - April 12th, 2015
- Iran MPs Want Facts on Framework Deal - April 12th, 2015
- Netanyahu's Great Fear: Iran Will Comply With Nuclear Deal - April 12th, 2015