From Afghan President Hamid Karzai to tribal elders in the far southern Helmand Province, reaction is coming out from the leaked video showing four US Marines urinating on slain Afghans, and unsurprisingly it is uniformly negative. Interestingly enough the only group that appears unfazed by the video is the Taliban insurgency, which yesterday commented that they didn’t need to see the video to remind them they were at war with an occupying force. For other Afghans, the video is just another reminder of the fiasco of a decade-long occupation.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Under Pressure to Accept North Korea Nuclear Freeze Deal - June 21st, 2017
- As ISIS Loses Ground, US Is on a Collision Course With Syria and Iran - June 21st, 2017
- US, Russia Continue to Inch Toward Confrontation in Syria - June 21st, 2017
- Wall Street Journal Fires Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Over Arms Dealer Links - June 21st, 2017
- Saudis, Allies Have 'List of Demands' for Qatar - June 21st, 2017