From Afghan President Hamid Karzai to tribal elders in the far southern Helmand Province, reaction is coming out from the leaked video showing four US Marines urinating on slain Afghans, and unsurprisingly it is uniformly negative. Interestingly enough the only group that appears unfazed by the video is the Taliban insurgency, which yesterday commented that they didn’t need to see the video to remind them they were at war with an occupying force. For other Afghans, the video is just another reminder of the fiasco of a decade-long occupation.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- UN 'Horrified' by Libya Slave Auctions - November 20th, 2017
- Israeli Energy Minister Confirms Covert Ties With Saudi Govt - November 20th, 2017
- US Sanctions European Companies Over Iran 'Counterfeiting Scheme' - November 20th, 2017
- US Airstrikes Target Taliban Opium Labs - November 20th, 2017
- Trump to Declare North Korea a State Sponsor of Terrorism - November 20th, 2017