From Afghan President Hamid Karzai to tribal elders in the far southern Helmand Province, reaction is coming out from the leaked video showing four US Marines urinating on slain Afghans, and unsurprisingly it is uniformly negative. Interestingly enough the only group that appears unfazed by the video is the Taliban insurgency, which yesterday commented that they didn’t need to see the video to remind them they were at war with an occupying force. For other Afghans, the video is just another reminder of the fiasco of a decade-long occupation.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Seeks to Negotiate a Broad Treaty With Iran - September 19th, 2018
- Despite Pledge Not to, Germany Approves Sale of Arms to Saudi Arabia - September 19th, 2018
- State Dept: ISIS, al-Qaeda Adapting After Recent Losses - September 19th, 2018
- Thousands Return Home in Northwest Syria After Deal Prevents Offensive - September 19th, 2018
- North, South Korea to Form Joint Military Committee - September 19th, 2018