From Afghan President Hamid Karzai to tribal elders in the far southern Helmand Province, reaction is coming out from the leaked video showing four US Marines urinating on slain Afghans, and unsurprisingly it is uniformly negative. Interestingly enough the only group that appears unfazed by the video is the Taliban insurgency, which yesterday commented that they didn’t need to see the video to remind them they were at war with an occupying force. For other Afghans, the video is just another reminder of the fiasco of a decade-long occupation.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- New US Sanctions Target North Korea's Trading Partners, Banks - September 21st, 2017
- Catalan Officials: Police Raids Are a Blow to Referendum - September 21st, 2017
- Russia Warns It Would Retaliate Against US Forces in Syria If Provoked - September 21st, 2017
- Tillerson: Iran 'Technically' Complying With Nuclear Deal - September 21st, 2017
- South Korea Unexpectedly Approves Aid to North - September 21st, 2017