Marine Corps Denies Urinating on the Dead Part of Their 'Core Values'
A new video has emerged today showing four uniformed US Marines, reportedly from the scout sniper team with the 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines, laughing and urinating on the corpse of slain Afghans, referred to in the video as “dead Talibans.”
This is, of course, not the first time that the US military has been involved in a corpse desecration scandal in Afghanistan, with the military publicly apologizing last year for images of US Army soldiers taken with slain soldiers, a scandal that eventually ballooned into the “kill team” fiasco, which included looting body parts off the slain.
Both the Pentagon and the US Marine Corps have confirmed that they are aware of the existence of the video, and have promised an investigation into the matter.
US Marine Corps spokesman Capt. Kendra N. Hardesty added that having Marines urinating on the corpses of slain Afghans is “not consistent with our core values.” She added that so far the Marine Corps has not confirmed that the troops were actually from the unit the video alleges.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Turkey Allows More NATO Air Patrols Along Syria Border - June 28th, 2016
- Brexit Raises Doubts Over NATO-EU Military Cooperation - June 28th, 2016
- UAE's War Against Yemeni al-Qaeda a Sign of Growing Ambitions - June 28th, 2016
- Pentagon Claims 'Showdown' With Russian Jets in Syrian Skies - June 28th, 2016
- EU Leaders Talk Tough on 'Divorce' With Britain - June 28th, 2016