Marine Corps Denies Urinating on the Dead Part of Their 'Core Values'
A new video has emerged today showing four uniformed US Marines, reportedly from the scout sniper team with the 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines, laughing and urinating on the corpse of slain Afghans, referred to in the video as “dead Talibans.”
This is, of course, not the first time that the US military has been involved in a corpse desecration scandal in Afghanistan, with the military publicly apologizing last year for images of US Army soldiers taken with slain soldiers, a scandal that eventually ballooned into the “kill team” fiasco, which included looting body parts off the slain.
Both the Pentagon and the US Marine Corps have confirmed that they are aware of the existence of the video, and have promised an investigation into the matter.
US Marine Corps spokesman Capt. Kendra N. Hardesty added that having Marines urinating on the corpses of slain Afghans is “not consistent with our core values.” She added that so far the Marine Corps has not confirmed that the troops were actually from the unit the video alleges.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Senate Votes to End Debate on Montenegro Joining NATO - March 27th, 2017
- US-Backed Kurdish Forces Attack ISIS Around Town of Tabqa - March 27th, 2017
- Syrian Kurdish Leader: Raqqa Will Join Kurdish-Run Region - March 27th, 2017
- US Leads Boycott of UN's Nuclear Disarmament Talks - March 27th, 2017
- Britain Confirms Involvement in West Mosul Bombing During Civilian Deaths - March 27th, 2017