In 2005, US Marines massacred dozens of Iraqis, including a large number of civilians, in what has since become known as the Haditha Massacre. Secret military documents related to the massacre, as well as hundreds of pages of other secret military files have turned up in, of all places, an Iraqi junkyard. The occupation forces were supposed to destroy the files when they left, but instead the attendant at the junkyard was using them as cooking fuel.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Germany Suspends Training for Iraqi Kurdish Troops - October 18th, 2017
- Oil Firm Sees Congressional Vote on Iran Deal as Potential Positive - October 18th, 2017
- Saudi Airstrike Kills Six Civilians, Mostly Children, in North Yemen - October 18th, 2017
- Kurdish Independence at Risk Amid Iraqi Offensive - October 18th, 2017
- Catalonia Will Declare Independence If Spain Suspends Autonomy - October 18th, 2017