In 2005, US Marines massacred dozens of Iraqis, including a large number of civilians, in what has since become known as the Haditha Massacre. Secret military documents related to the massacre, as well as hundreds of pages of other secret military files have turned up in, of all places, an Iraqi junkyard. The occupation forces were supposed to destroy the files when they left, but instead the attendant at the junkyard was using them as cooking fuel.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Mattis Claims White House Threat to Syria Worked - June 28th, 2017
- Saudis Demolish Historic Shi'ite Neighborhood, Sparking Unrest - June 27th, 2017
- Turkey, Kurdish Forces Trade Fire in North Syria's Afrin District - June 27th, 2017
- Mattis: US Will Keep Arming Syrian Kurds After Raqqa Falls - June 27th, 2017
- Russia: US Warning to Syria Is Unacceptable - June 27th, 2017