The November 26 attack on a pair of Pakistani military bases remains a controversial issue in Pakistan, and Pakistani officials say that NATO was apologizing for the attack even as it was ongoing. The report says that NATO promised to withdraw but failed to do so for hours. US officials insist the attacks were a mistake, while Pakistan insists it was not possible for such a mistake to happen.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Commander Wants More Combat Troops in Europe to Fight Russia - March 28th, 2017
- Senate Backs NATO Membership for Montenegro - March 28th, 2017
- EU 'Ready to Intervene' If Bosnia Violence Erupts - March 28th, 2017
- Fighting Pauses as Engineers Move to Fix Syria's Tabqa Dam - March 28th, 2017
- UN Urges US, Iraq to Rethink Mosul Strategy Amid Civilian Deaths - March 28th, 2017