The November 26 attack on a pair of Pakistani military bases remains a controversial issue in Pakistan, and Pakistani officials say that NATO was apologizing for the attack even as it was ongoing. The report says that NATO promised to withdraw but failed to do so for hours. US officials insist the attacks were a mistake, while Pakistan insists it was not possible for such a mistake to happen.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Scraps Program to Train Syrian Rebels - October 9th, 2015
- Rebels Down Helicopter in Syria, Unclear If It's Syrian or Russian - October 8th, 2015
- FBI Claims It Disrupted 'Dozens' of Possible ISIS Recruits - October 8th, 2015
- NATO to Send More Troops to Eastern Europe, Citing Russian Strikes in Syria - October 8th, 2015
- US Troops May Have Exceeded Authority in Bombing Afghan Hospital - October 8th, 2015