The November 26 attack on a pair of Pakistani military bases remains a controversial issue in Pakistan, and Pakistani officials say that NATO was apologizing for the attack even as it was ongoing. The report says that NATO promised to withdraw but failed to do so for hours. US officials insist the attacks were a mistake, while Pakistan insists it was not possible for such a mistake to happen.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- China May Be Pressing US to Talk with North Korea - February 21st, 2017
- Egypt Junta Aims to Restore Hamas Ties With Eye on Stabilizing Sinai - February 21st, 2017
- Israeli Officials Blame Obama for 2016 Peace Summit Failure - February 21st, 2017
- Turkey: 44 ISIS Fighters Killed in North Syria Operations - February 21st, 2017
- CIA Arms for Syrian Rebels Frozen Amid Infighting - February 21st, 2017