The November 26 attack on a pair of Pakistani military bases remains a controversial issue in Pakistan, and Pakistani officials say that NATO was apologizing for the attack even as it was ongoing. The report says that NATO promised to withdraw but failed to do so for hours. US officials insist the attacks were a mistake, while Pakistan insists it was not possible for such a mistake to happen.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US-Backed Capture of Iraq's Amerli Fuels Fear of Revenge Killings - September 1st, 2014
- Vaunted 'Secular Rebels' Annoyed They Are Left Out of US Plans for Syria - September 1st, 2014
- Ukraine Hypes 'Great War': 'Worst Since WW2' - September 1st, 2014
- Tripoli Falls: Libya No Longer Controls Most Government Buildings - September 1st, 2014
- Afghan Power-Sharing Talks Collapse as Karzai Retires - September 1st, 2014