The November 26 attack on a pair of Pakistani military bases remains a controversial issue in Pakistan, and Pakistani officials say that NATO was apologizing for the attack even as it was ongoing. The report says that NATO promised to withdraw but failed to do so for hours. US officials insist the attacks were a mistake, while Pakistan insists it was not possible for such a mistake to happen.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Aims to Build Smaller New Iraqi 'Vanguard' Force to Fight ISIS - November 27th, 2014
- Taliban Stages Multiple Attacks Across Afghan Capital - November 27th, 2014
- Arguments, Shortages Slow NATO's 'Rapid Reaction' Force in East Europe - November 27th, 2014
- Kashmir Militant Attack on Indian Soldiers Leaves 11 Dead - November 27th, 2014
- US 'Vigilant' Over Lack of Terror Chatter for Thanksgiving - November 27th, 2014