With the sudden interest among top Israeli officials at the escalating violence coming out of settler blocs, critics say that the country’s long-standing policy of letting “price tag” attacks against Muslims and Christians slide is a big part of why the groups have grown so aggressive, as well. Attacks on Israeli military targets have piqued their interest, but after years of looking the other way, and with those same settler blocs a big recruitment pool for occupation forces in the West Bank, as well as the coalition’s political base, will the Netanyahu government find the issue too controversial to tackle?
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Over 170 Casualties in Afghan Election Attacks - October 20th, 2018
- Pentagon Cancels Major Aerial Wargames With South Korea - October 19th, 2018
- Saudi King Gives Trump Room to Avoid Acting Over Killing of Journalist - October 19th, 2018
- US Airstrikes Kill 32 Civilians in Eastern Syria - October 19th, 2018
- Bolton Pushes Trump to Withdraw From Russian Nuclear Treaty - October 19th, 2018