With the sudden interest among top Israeli officials at the escalating violence coming out of settler blocs, critics say that the country’s long-standing policy of letting “price tag” attacks against Muslims and Christians slide is a big part of why the groups have grown so aggressive, as well. Attacks on Israeli military targets have piqued their interest, but after years of looking the other way, and with those same settler blocs a big recruitment pool for occupation forces in the West Bank, as well as the coalition’s political base, will the Netanyahu government find the issue too controversial to tackle?
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Turkish Army: 29 PKK killed in Strikes on Northern Iraq - December 11th, 2017
- Putin Declares Victory on Surprise Syria Visit, Announces Partial Pullout - December 11th, 2017
- Pentagon Officials See at Least Two More Years of Somalia Combat - December 10th, 2017
- Worldwide Protests Continue Over Trump's Jerusalem Declaration - December 10th, 2017
- Jerusalem Protests Continue Across Palestine - December 10th, 2017