With the sudden interest among top Israeli officials at the escalating violence coming out of settler blocs, critics say that the country’s long-standing policy of letting “price tag” attacks against Muslims and Christians slide is a big part of why the groups have grown so aggressive, as well. Attacks on Israeli military targets have piqued their interest, but after years of looking the other way, and with those same settler blocs a big recruitment pool for occupation forces in the West Bank, as well as the coalition’s political base, will the Netanyahu government find the issue too controversial to tackle?
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Praises Visiting Saudi Crown Prince, Focusing on Arms Sales - March 20th, 2018
- Cordial Talks Between Trump and Putin; Two Will Meet Soon - March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Takes Area South of Damascus, Driving Out Army - March 20th, 2018
- Scores of Civilians Killed as Strikes Hit Eastern Ghouta School, Market - March 20th, 2018
- Turkey Threatens to Attack Syrian Town Held by US Troops - March 20th, 2018