Just one of a myriad of claims “historian” and Presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich has made that doesn’t pass the “based on anything other than a wild guess” test, Newt’s allegation that Iran is hiding nuclear weapons facilities under mosques is now being examined and, as usual, experts say that there is zero evidence that any such thing is happening.
Newt’s claim, made during the “Lincoln Douglas style” debate with Jon Huntsman, was meant to argue that simply bombing Iran isn’t enough. ISIS president David Albright says he has no clue where Newt got the idea, and that it “sounds like he is just repeating rumors.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Red Cross to Send 'Test Shipment' of Rice to Northern Yemen - August 16th, 2017
- Report: Saudis Increasing Yemen Airstrikes, Killing More Civilians - August 16th, 2017
- US: Saudi Arabia, Bahrain Fail to Respect Religious Freedom - August 16th, 2017
- In US-Backed Kurdish Invasion of Raqqa, Arab Allies Struggle to Find a Role - August 16th, 2017
- Syria Shifts War Focus to ISIS-Held Eastern Territory - August 16th, 2017