Just one of a myriad of claims “historian” and Presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich has made that doesn’t pass the “based on anything other than a wild guess” test, Newt’s allegation that Iran is hiding nuclear weapons facilities under mosques is now being examined and, as usual, experts say that there is zero evidence that any such thing is happening.
Newt’s claim, made during the “Lincoln Douglas style” debate with Jon Huntsman, was meant to argue that simply bombing Iran isn’t enough. ISIS president David Albright says he has no clue where Newt got the idea, and that it “sounds like he is just repeating rumors.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Cluster Bomb Attack Against East Syrian Village Kills at Least 30 Civilians - June 28th, 2017
- Russia: Trump and Putin Probably Should Talk During Hamburg Summit - June 28th, 2017
- US Special Forces Deployed to Kurdish City on Turkish Border - June 28th, 2017
- ISIS Looks to Expand Presence in Northern Afghanistan - June 28th, 2017
- South Korea Leader Reverses Stance, Now Backs Trump Against North Korea - June 28th, 2017