With tensions along the Afghan-Pakistan border already dramatically higher after the late November US attack on a pair of Pakistani military bases, it is now being reported that the US State Department is hiring a contractor to serve as the “aviation adviser” for the tense border, to help coordinate the air war on both sides of the border. It is unclear how Pakistan’s deployment of an air defense system along the border will impact this position.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- White House Assembling a Team for Upcoming North Korea Summit - March 16th, 2018
- US Shifts Toward Harsher Stance on Russia With Sanctions and Condemnation - March 16th, 2018
- Putin Furious After Britain Says He Ordered Attack - March 16th, 2018
- Cluster Bombs Reportedly Dropped on Syria's Eastern Ghouta - March 16th, 2018
- Turkey Attacks Hospital in Syria's Afrin, Killing Nine - March 16th, 2018