With tensions along the Afghan-Pakistan border already dramatically higher after the late November US attack on a pair of Pakistani military bases, it is now being reported that the US State Department is hiring a contractor to serve as the “aviation adviser” for the tense border, to help coordinate the air war on both sides of the border. It is unclear how Pakistan’s deployment of an air defense system along the border will impact this position.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Report: Khashoggi's Remains Disposed of in Saudi Consul General's Garden - October 23rd, 2018
- Two Koreas, UN Command Agree to Withdraw All Arms From Truce Village - October 22nd, 2018
- NATO Sends 50,000 Troops to Largest Exercise Since Cold War - October 22nd, 2018
- Bolton Visits Moscow, Denies Plans to Blackmail Russia Over Nuclear Treaty - October 22nd, 2018
- CIA Has Heard Audio Recording of Khashoggi's Death - October 22nd, 2018