With tensions along the Afghan-Pakistan border already dramatically higher after the late November US attack on a pair of Pakistani military bases, it is now being reported that the US State Department is hiring a contractor to serve as the “aviation adviser” for the tense border, to help coordinate the air war on both sides of the border. It is unclear how Pakistan’s deployment of an air defense system along the border will impact this position.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- UN Aid Chief Slams Saudis for Blocking Yemen Aid - August 18th, 2017
- Top US General: Attack on Japan Same as an Attack on US - August 18th, 2017
- Saudi Arabia Courts Iraq Alliance, Offering Reconstruction Aid - August 18th, 2017
- Assad Advisor: Syrian War Effectively Over - August 18th, 2017
- North Korea Sees Planned US-South Korea Wargames as 'Catastrophe' - August 18th, 2017