With tensions along the Afghan-Pakistan border already dramatically higher after the late November US attack on a pair of Pakistani military bases, it is now being reported that the US State Department is hiring a contractor to serve as the “aviation adviser” for the tense border, to help coordinate the air war on both sides of the border. It is unclear how Pakistan’s deployment of an air defense system along the border will impact this position.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Cluster Bomb Attack Against East Syrian Village Kills at Least 30 Civilians - June 28th, 2017
- Russia: Trump and Putin Probably Should Talk During Hamburg Summit - June 28th, 2017
- US Special Forces Deployed to Kurdish City on Turkish Border - June 28th, 2017
- ISIS Looks to Expand Presence in Northern Afghanistan - June 28th, 2017
- South Korea Leader Reverses Stance, Now Backs Trump Against North Korea - June 28th, 2017