As the ouster of long-time US favorite Hosni Mubarak gave way to an interim military junta in Egypt, efforts by that junta to ensure that it retains power over any civilian government which might emerge are growing increasingly violent. Unsurprisingly, that violence too is made in America, as Obama Administration officials continue to pump weapons and other “riot control” devices to that junta, to be used once again against the pro-democracy protests.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US-Backed Capture of Iraq's Amerli Fuels Fear of Revenge Killings - September 1st, 2014
- Vaunted 'Secular Rebels' Annoyed They Are Left Out of US Plans for Syria - September 1st, 2014
- Ukraine Hypes 'Great War': 'Worst Since WW2' - September 1st, 2014
- Tripoli Falls: Libya No Longer Controls Most Government Buildings - September 1st, 2014
- Afghan Power-Sharing Talks Collapse as Karzai Retires - September 1st, 2014