As the ouster of long-time US favorite Hosni Mubarak gave way to an interim military junta in Egypt, efforts by that junta to ensure that it retains power over any civilian government which might emerge are growing increasingly violent. Unsurprisingly, that violence too is made in America, as Obama Administration officials continue to pump weapons and other “riot control” devices to that junta, to be used once again against the pro-democracy protests.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Threatens Ukraine Sanctions Over Protest Crackdown - December 12th, 2013
- Syrian Islamists Kill 15 Alawite, Druze Civilians in Adra - December 12th, 2013
- Pro-US Syrian Rebels Try to Change Narrative Amid Aid Freeze - December 12th, 2013
- In Budget Crunch, Congress Still Triples Aid Request for Israel - December 12th, 2013
- AP Withheld Levinson CIA Story for Three Years - December 12th, 2013