As the ouster of long-time US favorite Hosni Mubarak gave way to an interim military junta in Egypt, efforts by that junta to ensure that it retains power over any civilian government which might emerge are growing increasingly violent. Unsurprisingly, that violence too is made in America, as Obama Administration officials continue to pump weapons and other “riot control” devices to that junta, to be used once again against the pro-democracy protests.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Kurds Hype ISIS Threats With Eye on US Escalation - October 24th, 2014
- In Kobani, Kurds See War of Attrition - October 24th, 2014
- Rebels Urge US Intervention as Syrian Forces Near Aleppo - October 24th, 2014
- Pentagon: Iraq Won't Attempt to Retake Mosul for a Year - October 24th, 2014
- US Considers Bombing Oil Pipelines a 'Viable Option' - October 24th, 2014