As the ouster of long-time US favorite Hosni Mubarak gave way to an interim military junta in Egypt, efforts by that junta to ensure that it retains power over any civilian government which might emerge are growing increasingly violent. Unsurprisingly, that violence too is made in America, as Obama Administration officials continue to pump weapons and other “riot control” devices to that junta, to be used once again against the pro-democracy protests.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Mattis: US Troops Need to Stay in Iraq for 'Years' - March 24th, 2017
- Iraqi Civilians Continue to Flee Mosul, Facing Danger and Uncertainty - March 24th, 2017
- UN: Around 200 Civilians Killed Per Month in Yemen War - March 24th, 2017
- On Airstrikes' Anniversary, Serbia PM Rules Out Joining NATO - March 24th, 2017
- Netanyahu Rejects US Proposal on Reining in Settlement Growth - March 24th, 2017