As the ouster of long-time US favorite Hosni Mubarak gave way to an interim military junta in Egypt, efforts by that junta to ensure that it retains power over any civilian government which might emerge are growing increasingly violent. Unsurprisingly, that violence too is made in America, as Obama Administration officials continue to pump weapons and other “riot control” devices to that junta, to be used once again against the pro-democracy protests.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Russia's Gazprom Halts Ukraine Gas Shipments Over Lack of Payment - July 1st, 2015
- Turkey Ratchets Up Rhetoric on Syria's Kurds, Sets 'Red Lines' - July 1st, 2015
- Monitors: ISIS Forces Less Visible in Raqqa as Fighting Surges Elsewhere - July 1st, 2015
- Syrian Kurds Claim ISIS Thwarted in Tel Abyad - July 1st, 2015
- 18 Yemeni Civilians, 13 Fighters Killed as Houthis Fire on Aden Neighborhood - July 1st, 2015