As the ouster of long-time US favorite Hosni Mubarak gave way to an interim military junta in Egypt, efforts by that junta to ensure that it retains power over any civilian government which might emerge are growing increasingly violent. Unsurprisingly, that violence too is made in America, as Obama Administration officials continue to pump weapons and other “riot control” devices to that junta, to be used once again against the pro-democracy protests.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- EU Braces for Influx of ISIS Fighters After Mosul Offensive - October 23rd, 2016
- Obama Backs Away From Plans to Further Arm CIA-Backed Rebels in Syria - October 23rd, 2016
- Iraq PM: Thanks but No Thanks on Turkish Help in Mosul - October 23rd, 2016
- US Warns Worst Is Yet to Come in Battle for Mosul - October 23rd, 2016
- Syrian Kurds Fire on Rebel-Held Jarabulus as Turkey Continues to Attack Them - October 23rd, 2016