In the wake of the deadly Kabul suicide bombings against Shi’ites, an attack roundly condemned even by the Taliban leadership, NATO officials are saying that provoking the Taliban into being as brutal as possible would be an extremely useful thing for the occupation forces in the nation. The theory, which has been pushed chiefly by the US, is that if they can convince the Taliban to commit more atrocities it would “alienate the population” and make the NATO-backed regime seem better by comparison.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Rebels Began Evacuating Golan for North - July 20th, 2018
- Syrian, Russian Warplanes Kill 26 Civilians in Strikes on Southern ISIS Towns - July 20th, 2018
- US Urges Strict UN Sanctions on North Korea Until Denuclearization Finished - July 20th, 2018
- Merkel: Europe Can't Rely on US to Impose World Order - July 20th, 2018
- Israel, Hamas Reach Another Ceasefire After Five Killed in Friday Clashes - July 20th, 2018