In the wake of the deadly Kabul suicide bombings against Shi’ites, an attack roundly condemned even by the Taliban leadership, NATO officials are saying that provoking the Taliban into being as brutal as possible would be an extremely useful thing for the occupation forces in the nation. The theory, which has been pushed chiefly by the US, is that if they can convince the Taliban to commit more atrocities it would “alienate the population” and make the NATO-backed regime seem better by comparison.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- NATO Warns Russian Missile Might Violate Missile Treaty - December 15th, 2017
- US Allegations of Iran Missiles in Yemen Met With Skepticism - December 15th, 2017
- Mattis: North Korean Missiles Not a 'Capable Threat' Against US - December 15th, 2017
- Israeli Troops Kill Four Palestinians, Wound 160 at Friday Protests - December 15th, 2017
- Trump Allies: Tillerson Hasn't Learned His Lesson - December 15th, 2017