In the wake of the deadly Kabul suicide bombings against Shi’ites, an attack roundly condemned even by the Taliban leadership, NATO officials are saying that provoking the Taliban into being as brutal as possible would be an extremely useful thing for the occupation forces in the nation. The theory, which has been pushed chiefly by the US, is that if they can convince the Taliban to commit more atrocities it would “alienate the population” and make the NATO-backed regime seem better by comparison.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Beheads 11, Mostly Soldiers, in Central Libya Checkpoint Attack - August 23rd, 2017
- Nearly 3,500 Israeli Settlement Homes Built on Private Palestinian Land - August 23rd, 2017
- Saudi Airstrike Destroys Yemen Hotel, Kills at Least 60 - August 23rd, 2017
- Latest US Navy Collision Fuels Speculation About 'Hacking' - August 22nd, 2017
- US, North Korea Clash at UN Forum Over Nuclear Arms - August 22nd, 2017