A federal judge in Oregon has ruled that bloggers who aren’t affiliated with what the government recognizes as a mainstream “news outlet” don’t have the same rights to freedom of the press enshrined in the First Amendment as members of the mainstream media.
The ruling was related to a lawsuit against a blogger in Montana who posted information critical of an Oregon attorney handling a bankruptcy case. A state shield law is also in place which would have protected officially approved journalists from being sued for a similar article.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Turkey: Kurdish Banner in Raqqa Proves US Sided With Terrorists - October 20th, 2017
- Many Afghan Troops Run Away While in US to Train - October 20th, 2017
- Spain to Start Catalonia Takeover Saturday - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Deaths Highlight Growing US Involvement in Africa - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Ambush the Result of 'Massive Intelligence Failure' - October 20th, 2017