Many of the various Middle East dictatorships have long been in the pockets of the US government, awash in aid to acquire the various truncheons and tear gas that they tried to use to keep the public in line. But as the Arab Spring has begun ousting regimes in places like Egypt, the revolutionaries are seeing the US trying to shift funding to various political groups, and are expressing concern that the lack of transparency in where US money goes could mean that freedom and US subsidies really might be mutually exclusive.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump to Boost Exports of Lethal US Drones - March 20th, 2018
- Tests of Substance in Britain Poisoning Will Take Three Weeks - March 20th, 2018
- Iraq Approves Turkish Military Operations Against Border Kurds - March 20th, 2018
- Trump Praises Visiting Saudi Crown Prince, Focusing on Arms Sales - March 20th, 2018
- Cordial Talks Between Trump and Putin; Two Will Meet Soon - March 20th, 2018