Many of the various Middle East dictatorships have long been in the pockets of the US government, awash in aid to acquire the various truncheons and tear gas that they tried to use to keep the public in line. But as the Arab Spring has begun ousting regimes in places like Egypt, the revolutionaries are seeing the US trying to shift funding to various political groups, and are expressing concern that the lack of transparency in where US money goes could mean that freedom and US subsidies really might be mutually exclusive.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Yemeni Forces Stop Houthis Attempt to Reopen Hodeidah Supply Route - October 18th, 2018
- Trump Threatens to Send Military to Close Border With Mexico - October 18th, 2018
- US Opposes Koreas' New No-Fly Zone Plans - October 18th, 2018
- Trump Administration Bans US Aid Groups From North Korea - October 18th, 2018
- Sen. Corker: Trump Must End Intel Clampdown on Khashoggi - October 18th, 2018