Between the endless blockade, the constant threat of invasion and the internal faction fighting, one would figure life in Gaza couldn’t get much more difficult. But then the drones show up and everybody scatters.
Its rarely talked about in detail, but Israeli drones overhead are a daily occurrence in Gaza, and the densely populated enclave has seen at least 825 people slain in drone attacks since mid-2006.
A broad overview on the devastating air war is available today at the Washington Post, providing a unique level of insight into the constant surveillance carried out by drone, and its effect on the population.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Kurds Warn Turkey's Threats Are a 'Declaration of War' - December 14th, 2018
- US-Backed Kurdish Forces Seize ISIS Town in Eastern Syria - December 14th, 2018
- Pompeo Downplays White House Differences With Senate on Saudi Arabia - December 14th, 2018
- US, South Korea Fail to Agree on Cost-Sharing for Military Deployment - December 14th, 2018
- Yemen Clashes Threaten Ceasefire in Hodeidah - December 14th, 2018