Between the endless blockade, the constant threat of invasion and the internal faction fighting, one would figure life in Gaza couldn’t get much more difficult. But then the drones show up and everybody scatters.
Its rarely talked about in detail, but Israeli drones overhead are a daily occurrence in Gaza, and the densely populated enclave has seen at least 825 people slain in drone attacks since mid-2006.
A broad overview on the devastating air war is available today at the Washington Post, providing a unique level of insight into the constant surveillance carried out by drone, and its effect on the population.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Slams Human Rights Groups, Blames Them for Leaving UN Human Rights Council - June 20th, 2018
- Afghan Govt Offers to Extend Taliban Ceasefire for Another Year - June 20th, 2018
- Taliban Seizes Afghan Military Base, Kills 30 Soldiers - June 20th, 2018
- Iraqi Cleric Sadr Struggles With Forming Coalition Government - June 20th, 2018
- Fears for Yemen Civilians as Fighting Reaches Hodeidah Residential Areas - June 20th, 2018