Suggesting that their relation for the base attack may have been done with an eye toward a rapprochement with the Pakistani Taliban, the three major responses from Pakistan, including the closing of supply routes, the closure of Shamsi Airfield and the reevaluation of US ties are the three primary demands made by the Tehreek-e Taliban Pakistan (TTP) last month as conditions for peace talks between the TTP and the Pakistani government.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Russia Favors Trade With National Currencies, Not US Dollar - August 13th, 2018
- Israeli DM to Consider Lifting Some Gaza Restrictions - August 13th, 2018
- Trump Signs $716 Billion Military Spending Bill - August 13th, 2018
- Afghan Officials Confirm Troops Surrender Faryab Base to Taliban - August 13th, 2018
- Afghanistan Scrambles Reinforcements to Key City of Ghazni - August 13th, 2018