Suggesting that their relation for the base attack may have been done with an eye toward a rapprochement with the Pakistani Taliban, the three major responses from Pakistan, including the closing of supply routes, the closure of Shamsi Airfield and the reevaluation of US ties are the three primary demands made by the Tehreek-e Taliban Pakistan (TTP) last month as conditions for peace talks between the TTP and the Pakistani government.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Airstrikes Kill 28, Mostly Civilians, in Eastern Syria - November 13th, 2018
- US Discusses Suspending Afghan Presidential Election - November 13th, 2018
- Bolton Vows to 'Squeeze' Iran, Escalating Sanctions - November 13th, 2018
- Israeli Hawks Fume as Ceasefire Ends a Violent Day in Gaza - November 13th, 2018
- Calm Returns to Israel-Gaza Border as Ceasefire Takes Hold - November 13th, 2018