Suggesting that their relation for the base attack may have been done with an eye toward a rapprochement with the Pakistani Taliban, the three major responses from Pakistan, including the closing of supply routes, the closure of Shamsi Airfield and the reevaluation of US ties are the three primary demands made by the Tehreek-e Taliban Pakistan (TTP) last month as conditions for peace talks between the TTP and the Pakistani government.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Military's 'Prime Focus' Will Be Competing With Russia, China - January 19th, 2018
- NGO: US-Led Coalition Civilian Killings Tripled in Iraq and Syria in 2017 - January 19th, 2018
- Russia FM: US Creating 'Alternative Bodies of Authority' in Syria - January 19th, 2018
- US: Turkish Attack on Syrian Kurds 'Destabilizing' - January 19th, 2018
- Turkey Escalates Shelling, Says 'No Turning Back' From Syria Invasion - January 19th, 2018