Speaking to the Pakistani Senate today, Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar warned that the Friday attack on a pair of military bases by US forces was not going to be forgotten, and that a simple “apology” won’t work.
Pakistan released new video footage of the aftermath of the attacks, saying the strikes were deliberate and that US warplanes refused to stop attacking after nearly two hours of calls for a ceasefire.
Afghan officials have insisted it was deliberate as well, though unlike the Pakistani government they seem pretty keen on the whole idea, with one top police official terming the killings the “best thing America has done in 10 years.”
Gen. Martin Dempsey, the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman, declined to go into detail in discussing the attacks, but said that he was positive that “this was not a deliberate attack” So far officials have offered no explanation for how such a bombing could’ve taken place.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Army Makes Major Gains in Eastern Ghouta - March 23rd, 2018
- Kurdish Rebels Flee Iraq Border Area, Anticipating Turkish Attack - March 23rd, 2018
- Trump Signs New Bill Slashing Aid to Palestinians - March 23rd, 2018
- Russia Intends to Substantially Cut Military Spending Over Next Five Years - March 23rd, 2018
- Majority of $1.3 Trillion US Omnibus Spending Bill Goes to Military - March 23rd, 2018