Speaking to the Pakistani Senate today, Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar warned that the Friday attack on a pair of military bases by US forces was not going to be forgotten, and that a simple “apology” won’t work.
Pakistan released new video footage of the aftermath of the attacks, saying the strikes were deliberate and that US warplanes refused to stop attacking after nearly two hours of calls for a ceasefire.
Afghan officials have insisted it was deliberate as well, though unlike the Pakistani government they seem pretty keen on the whole idea, with one top police official terming the killings the “best thing America has done in 10 years.”
Gen. Martin Dempsey, the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman, declined to go into detail in discussing the attacks, but said that he was positive that “this was not a deliberate attack” So far officials have offered no explanation for how such a bombing could’ve taken place.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Two Koreas Meet Again With UN on Border Disarmament - October 21st, 2018
- US Denies Killing Syrian Civilians, Says Mosque Was 'Valid Military Target' - October 21st, 2018
- Security Woes, Irregularities Mar Afghanistan's Second Day of Voting - October 21st, 2018
- US General Wounded During Thursday Insider Attack in Afghanistan - October 21st, 2018
- Saudi FM: We Don't Know How Khashoggi Was Killed - October 21st, 2018