Speaking to the Pakistani Senate today, Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar warned that the Friday attack on a pair of military bases by US forces was not going to be forgotten, and that a simple “apology” won’t work.
Pakistan released new video footage of the aftermath of the attacks, saying the strikes were deliberate and that US warplanes refused to stop attacking after nearly two hours of calls for a ceasefire.
Afghan officials have insisted it was deliberate as well, though unlike the Pakistani government they seem pretty keen on the whole idea, with one top police official terming the killings the “best thing America has done in 10 years.”
Gen. Martin Dempsey, the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman, declined to go into detail in discussing the attacks, but said that he was positive that “this was not a deliberate attack” So far officials have offered no explanation for how such a bombing could’ve taken place.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Turkey: Kurdish Banner in Raqqa Proves US Sided With Terrorists - October 20th, 2017
- Many Afghan Troops Run Away While in US to Train - October 20th, 2017
- Spain to Start Catalonia Takeover Saturday - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Deaths Highlight Growing US Involvement in Africa - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Ambush the Result of 'Massive Intelligence Failure' - October 20th, 2017