Speaking to the Pakistani Senate today, Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar warned that the Friday attack on a pair of military bases by US forces was not going to be forgotten, and that a simple “apology” won’t work.
Pakistan released new video footage of the aftermath of the attacks, saying the strikes were deliberate and that US warplanes refused to stop attacking after nearly two hours of calls for a ceasefire.
Afghan officials have insisted it was deliberate as well, though unlike the Pakistani government they seem pretty keen on the whole idea, with one top police official terming the killings the “best thing America has done in 10 years.”
Gen. Martin Dempsey, the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman, declined to go into detail in discussing the attacks, but said that he was positive that “this was not a deliberate attack” So far officials have offered no explanation for how such a bombing could’ve taken place.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pompeo Rejects EU Appeal for Iran Sanctions Exemptions - July 16th, 2018
- US Commander: Afghan ISIS Resilient to US Attacks, Almost Impossible to Defeat - July 16th, 2018
- Israel Attacks on Aleppo Air Base Killed at Least 22 - July 16th, 2018
- White House Orders Diplomats to Seek Direct Talks With Afghan Taliban - July 16th, 2018
- US Airstrikes Kill at Least Eight Civilians in Eastern Syria - July 16th, 2018