Attack on Civilian Homes in Kandahar District
At least three women were killed today and two men were wounded when NATO helicopters attacked a civilian neighborhood in Kandahar Province’s Zhari District, according to the provincial governor’s office.
NATO has so far declined comment on the attack one way or another to the press, but the governor’s spokesman said they had acknowledged the incident to their office.
The attack is the second major NATO strike on the district in as many weeks, as an attack last week on Zhari killed nine civilians, including six children.
There was no indication of any activity around the area that would be expected to lead to “air support” being called in, and the governor’s office says at least four rockets were fired at the civilian houses.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Lacking Evidence, Obama Mulls Action Against North Korea - December 22nd, 2014
- New York Mayor Aims to Placate Police, Calls for Protests' End - December 22nd, 2014
- US Denies Reports Ground Troops Fought ISIS - December 22nd, 2014
- Taliban Push Into Afghan Districts That U.S. Had Secured - December 22nd, 2014
- New Ukraine Peace Talks Set for Later This Week - December 22nd, 2014