Faced with massive fallout from their overnight bombing of two Pakistani military bases in Mohmand Agency, NATO officials are incredibly defending the strike, saying that he strafing of two bases full of sleeping soldiers amounted to “self-defense.”
Early reports from NATO indicated that there was some sort of clash with militants near the border that led to the bombers and attack helicopters being brought in. Despite the apparent official approval of the incident it is entirely unclear why they would’ve attacked the military bases in response to a cross border raid by militants.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Obama Team: We Can Badly Damage Russian Economy - March 11th, 2014
- Saudis to Qatar: Close al-Jazeera or Face Blockade - March 11th, 2014
- Al-Qaeda Faction Executes 22 in Syria, Including Rival Rebels - March 11th, 2014
- West Plans Major New Rebel Offensive in Southern Syria - March 11th, 2014
- Anti-Aircraft Missiles Still Pouring Out of Libya - March 11th, 2014