Faced with massive fallout from their overnight bombing of two Pakistani military bases in Mohmand Agency, NATO officials are incredibly defending the strike, saying that he strafing of two bases full of sleeping soldiers amounted to “self-defense.”
Early reports from NATO indicated that there was some sort of clash with militants near the border that led to the bombers and attack helicopters being brought in. Despite the apparent official approval of the incident it is entirely unclear why they would’ve attacked the military bases in response to a cross border raid by militants.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Coast Guard Fires at Iranian Sailboat in Persian Gulf - August 26th, 2014
- Kurdish President: Iran Arming Peshmerga Against ISIS - August 26th, 2014
- US Rules Out Coordinating With Assad on ISIS Strikes - August 26th, 2014
- US Surveillance Flights A Step Toward Expanding War Into Syria - August 26th, 2014
- Obama Talks Up Long Iraq War, Congressional Role Unclear - August 26th, 2014