Faced with massive fallout from their overnight bombing of two Pakistani military bases in Mohmand Agency, NATO officials are incredibly defending the strike, saying that he strafing of two bases full of sleeping soldiers amounted to “self-defense.”
Early reports from NATO indicated that there was some sort of clash with militants near the border that led to the bombers and attack helicopters being brought in. Despite the apparent official approval of the incident it is entirely unclear why they would’ve attacked the military bases in response to a cross border raid by militants.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Netanyahu Denies Any Deals Reached Limiting Settlement Expansion - March 26th, 2017
- US General: 5,000 More Troops Needed for Afghanistan - March 26th, 2017
- Defense Secretary Seeks Deeper US Involvement in Yemen War - March 26th, 2017
- Syria Threatens Scud Strikes If Israel Attacks Again - March 26th, 2017
- US Troops Capture Syrian Military Airbase Near Raqqa - March 26th, 2017