Faced with massive fallout from their overnight bombing of two Pakistani military bases in Mohmand Agency, NATO officials are incredibly defending the strike, saying that he strafing of two bases full of sleeping soldiers amounted to “self-defense.”
Early reports from NATO indicated that there was some sort of clash with militants near the border that led to the bombers and attack helicopters being brought in. Despite the apparent official approval of the incident it is entirely unclear why they would’ve attacked the military bases in response to a cross border raid by militants.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- China May Be Pressing US to Talk with North Korea - February 21st, 2017
- Egypt Junta Aims to Restore Hamas Ties With Eye on Stabilizing Sinai - February 21st, 2017
- Israeli Officials Blame Obama for 2016 Peace Summit Failure - February 21st, 2017
- Turkey: 44 ISIS Fighters Killed in North Syria Operations - February 21st, 2017
- CIA Arms for Syrian Rebels Frozen Amid Infighting - February 21st, 2017