Faced with massive fallout from their overnight bombing of two Pakistani military bases in Mohmand Agency, NATO officials are incredibly defending the strike, saying that he strafing of two bases full of sleeping soldiers amounted to “self-defense.”
Early reports from NATO indicated that there was some sort of clash with militants near the border that led to the bombers and attack helicopters being brought in. Despite the apparent official approval of the incident it is entirely unclear why they would’ve attacked the military bases in response to a cross border raid by militants.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Iraq MP Urges Inquiry Into Airstrike Against Shi'ite Funeral in Daquq - October 24th, 2016
- Iran: Turkey Mustn't Violate Iraqi Sovereignty Over Mosul - October 24th, 2016
- Syrian Army Makes New Gains South of Aleppo - October 24th, 2016
- US Army Chief Talks Up War With Russia, Insists US Will Win - October 24th, 2016
- UN: All Sides to Blame for Lack of Aleppo Evacuations - October 24th, 2016