Faced with massive fallout from their overnight bombing of two Pakistani military bases in Mohmand Agency, NATO officials are incredibly defending the strike, saying that he strafing of two bases full of sleeping soldiers amounted to “self-defense.”
Early reports from NATO indicated that there was some sort of clash with militants near the border that led to the bombers and attack helicopters being brought in. Despite the apparent official approval of the incident it is entirely unclear why they would’ve attacked the military bases in response to a cross border raid by militants.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pentagon Officials Tell Senate: ISIS War Will Be Long and Difficult - September 16th, 2014
- Iraqi Officials Brief Syria on Anti-ISIS Coalition Plans - September 16th, 2014
- House Increasingly Divided on Plan to Arm Syria Rebels - September 16th, 2014
- Iraqi Parliament Spurns Defense, Interior Ministry Nominees - September 16th, 2014
- Report: Ukraine DM Threatens to Restart Nuclear Weapons Program - September 16th, 2014