Faced with massive fallout from their overnight bombing of two Pakistani military bases in Mohmand Agency, NATO officials are incredibly defending the strike, saying that he strafing of two bases full of sleeping soldiers amounted to “self-defense.”
Early reports from NATO indicated that there was some sort of clash with militants near the border that led to the bombers and attack helicopters being brought in. Despite the apparent official approval of the incident it is entirely unclear why they would’ve attacked the military bases in response to a cross border raid by militants.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Iran Rules Out Renegotiating P5+1 Nuclear Deal - January 15th, 2017
- Iraq Makes Gains in Eastern Mosul, Seizing University - January 15th, 2017
- US-Led Airstrikes Kill Dozens of Civilians in Mosul - January 15th, 2017
- Trump Suggests Lifting Russia Sanctions for Nuclear Arms Cut - January 15th, 2017
- Dozens Killed as ISIS Advances in Syria's Deir Ezzor - January 15th, 2017