Faced with massive fallout from their overnight bombing of two Pakistani military bases in Mohmand Agency, NATO officials are incredibly defending the strike, saying that he strafing of two bases full of sleeping soldiers amounted to “self-defense.”
Early reports from NATO indicated that there was some sort of clash with militants near the border that led to the bombers and attack helicopters being brought in. Despite the apparent official approval of the incident it is entirely unclear why they would’ve attacked the military bases in response to a cross border raid by militants.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Aide: Obama Open to Limits in ISIS War Authorization - November 20th, 2014
- Assad Benefiting From US War on ISIS, Hagel Admits - November 20th, 2014
- New Malware Tool Aims to Detect Government Surveillance - November 20th, 2014
- Some NSA Officials Warned Agency of Surveillance Backlash in 2009 - November 20th, 2014
- US Reluctant to Sell Iraq More Arms With ISIS Taking So Many - November 20th, 2014