In a move that is sure to further “endear” the Israeli government to its neighbors, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu loudly condemned the Arab Spring revolutions today, insisting that they were “undemocratic.” Since most of the nations saw demonstrations centering principally around the right to vote for their governments instead of hereditary monarchs or dictators-for-life, the protesters will likely strongly disagree.
Netanyahu insisted the uprisings elsewhere in the region vindicated his government’s harsh stand against Palestinian statehood, saying dealing with the Palestinians was “misguided.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Turkey: Kurdish Banner in Raqqa Proves US Sided With Terrorists - October 20th, 2017
- Many Afghan Troops Run Away While in US to Train - October 20th, 2017
- Spain to Start Catalonia Takeover Saturday - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Deaths Highlight Growing US Involvement in Africa - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Ambush the Result of 'Massive Intelligence Failure' - October 20th, 2017