In a move that is sure to further “endear” the Israeli government to its neighbors, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu loudly condemned the Arab Spring revolutions today, insisting that they were “undemocratic.” Since most of the nations saw demonstrations centering principally around the right to vote for their governments instead of hereditary monarchs or dictators-for-life, the protesters will likely strongly disagree.
Netanyahu insisted the uprisings elsewhere in the region vindicated his government’s harsh stand against Palestinian statehood, saying dealing with the Palestinians was “misguided.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israeli Ambassador to France Slammed for Attempt to Censor News - October 16th, 2018
- Suspects in Journalist's Disappearance Linked to Saudi Crown Prince - October 16th, 2018
- Erdogan: Turkey to Expand Military Operations Against Syrian Kurds - October 16th, 2018
- Koreas Agree to Reconnect Rail, Road Links - October 16th, 2018
- Erdogan: Toxic Materials Found in Saudi Consulate - October 16th, 2018