In a move that is sure to further “endear” the Israeli government to its neighbors, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu loudly condemned the Arab Spring revolutions today, insisting that they were “undemocratic.” Since most of the nations saw demonstrations centering principally around the right to vote for their governments instead of hereditary monarchs or dictators-for-life, the protesters will likely strongly disagree.
Netanyahu insisted the uprisings elsewhere in the region vindicated his government’s harsh stand against Palestinian statehood, saying dealing with the Palestinians was “misguided.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Struggles to Find Destinations for ISIS Detainees in Syria - July 18th, 2018
- Syrian Rebel City of Nawa Surrenders After Intense Airstrikes - July 18th, 2018
- Trump: Russia Doesn't Pose a Threat to US - July 18th, 2018
- Russia Urges UN to Mull Easing North Korea Sanctions Amid Diplomatic Progress - July 18th, 2018
- Israel Approves Jewish Nation-State Law in Narrow Vote - July 18th, 2018