In a move that is sure to further “endear” the Israeli government to its neighbors, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu loudly condemned the Arab Spring revolutions today, insisting that they were “undemocratic.” Since most of the nations saw demonstrations centering principally around the right to vote for their governments instead of hereditary monarchs or dictators-for-life, the protesters will likely strongly disagree.
Netanyahu insisted the uprisings elsewhere in the region vindicated his government’s harsh stand against Palestinian statehood, saying dealing with the Palestinians was “misguided.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Claims ISIS 'Rebuilding' in Syria as Turkey Invasion Distracts From Fight - March 19th, 2018
- Turkey's Erdogan Vows Wider Offensive Against US-Backed Syrian Kurds - March 19th, 2018
- Russia Demands British Apology as EU, NATO Express Solidarity With Britain - March 19th, 2018
- Trump, Kim Summit Likely to Be Held in DMZ Village - March 19th, 2018
- Afghan Special Forces Slaughter Farmers in Chaotic Errant Attack - March 19th, 2018