In a move that is sure to further “endear” the Israeli government to its neighbors, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu loudly condemned the Arab Spring revolutions today, insisting that they were “undemocratic.” Since most of the nations saw demonstrations centering principally around the right to vote for their governments instead of hereditary monarchs or dictators-for-life, the protesters will likely strongly disagree.
Netanyahu insisted the uprisings elsewhere in the region vindicated his government’s harsh stand against Palestinian statehood, saying dealing with the Palestinians was “misguided.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Saudi Airstrike Destroys Yemen Hotel, Kills at Least 60 - August 23rd, 2017
- Latest US Navy Collision Fuels Speculation About 'Hacking' - August 22nd, 2017
- US, North Korea Clash at UN Forum Over Nuclear Arms - August 22nd, 2017
- NATO Chief Declares Alliance 'Fully Committed' to US War in Afghanistan - August 22nd, 2017
- Haley Demands IAEA Launch New Inspections of Iran Military Sites - August 22nd, 2017