With the Kenyan government formally requesting American help with the invasion of southern Somalia, a new set of cables from WikiLeaks reveals that the US warned Kenya against invading Somalia in the first place, though some of the cables also, perplexingly, had US officials suggesting Kenya capture the key port town of Kismayo.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Officials Trying to Finalize Legal Language to Expand Gitmo's Use - August 20th, 2017
- White House Continues to Talk Up 'Preventative War' Against North Korea - August 20th, 2017
- Trump Elevates US Cyber Command to a Formal Military Command - August 20th, 2017
- Abbas: After 20 Meetings I Still Don't Understand Trump's Peace Plan - August 20th, 2017
- Lebanon's Army Advances Deep Into ISIS-Held Border Territory - August 20th, 2017