With the Kenyan government formally requesting American help with the invasion of southern Somalia, a new set of cables from WikiLeaks reveals that the US warned Kenya against invading Somalia in the first place, though some of the cables also, perplexingly, had US officials suggesting Kenya capture the key port town of Kismayo.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Wants High-Profile Meeting With Putin at G20 Summit - June 26th, 2017
- House Spending Bill Threatens to Suspend Nuclear Treaty With Russia - June 26th, 2017
- Bahrain Accuses Qatar of Seeking 'Military Escalation' - June 26th, 2017
- White House Appears to Be Planning Attack on Assad - June 26th, 2017
- Top Senator Blocks Gulf Arms Sales Over Qatar Crisis - June 26th, 2017