With the Kenyan government formally requesting American help with the invasion of southern Somalia, a new set of cables from WikiLeaks reveals that the US warned Kenya against invading Somalia in the first place, though some of the cables also, perplexingly, had US officials suggesting Kenya capture the key port town of Kismayo.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- White House Corrects Tillerson, Rejects North Korea Talks - December 13th, 2017
- White House Accuses Abbas of 'Preventing Peace' With Criticism - December 13th, 2017
- US Expected to Sanction Iran Because of Worsening Conditions in Yemen - December 13th, 2017
- Saudi Airstrikes Against Yemen Capital Kill 39 - December 13th, 2017
- Yemen's Pro-Saleh Faction, Houthis Make a Deal to End Dispute - December 13th, 2017