With the Kenyan government formally requesting American help with the invasion of southern Somalia, a new set of cables from WikiLeaks reveals that the US warned Kenya against invading Somalia in the first place, though some of the cables also, perplexingly, had US officials suggesting Kenya capture the key port town of Kismayo.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Exodus From Eastern Ghouta as Syrian Army Appears to Near Victory - March 18th, 2018
- Pentagon Defends Keeping Niger Attacks Secret - March 18th, 2018
- Trump Administration Scrambles to Convince Congress Not to Halt Yemen War - March 18th, 2018
- Sen. Corker Predicts Trump Will Withdraw From Iran Deal in May - March 18th, 2018
- May Says Britain Considers More Steps Against Russia in Coming Days - March 18th, 2018