With the Kenyan government formally requesting American help with the invasion of southern Somalia, a new set of cables from WikiLeaks reveals that the US warned Kenya against invading Somalia in the first place, though some of the cables also, perplexingly, had US officials suggesting Kenya capture the key port town of Kismayo.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Rebels Began Evacuating Golan for North - July 20th, 2018
- Syrian, Russian Warplanes Kill 26 Civilians in Strikes on Southern ISIS Towns - July 20th, 2018
- US Urges Strict UN Sanctions on North Korea Until Denuclearization Finished - July 20th, 2018
- Merkel: Europe Can't Rely on US to Impose World Order - July 20th, 2018
- Israel, Hamas Reach Another Ceasefire After Five Killed in Friday Clashes - July 20th, 2018