A new GAO audit has found that there are significant “gaps” in the monitoring of what happens to US weapons sold to the various nations in the Persian Gulf region, with the report expressing particular concern about the US weapons being used to crush pro-democracy protests in Bahrain.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Report: North Korea Will Release Three Detained Americans - March 18th, 2018
- White House Assembling a Team for Upcoming North Korea Summit - March 16th, 2018
- US Shifts Toward Harsher Stance on Russia With Sanctions and Condemnation - March 16th, 2018
- Putin Furious After Britain Says He Ordered Attack - March 16th, 2018
- Cluster Bombs Reportedly Dropped on Syria's Eastern Ghouta - March 16th, 2018