The international sanctions against Iran imposed at the behest of the US government have done major harm to the Iranian middle class, closing civilian factories and fueling unemployment. At the same time, they’ve done nothing to Iran’s military, and in many cases bolstered the “shell companies” they targeted.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- New Ukraine Peace Talks Set for Later This Week - December 22nd, 2014
- Kurdish Offensive Stalls in Face of Heavy ISIS Resistance - December 22nd, 2014
- Iraqi Hezbollah Leader Assassinated in Diyala - December 22nd, 2014
- North Korean Internet Attacked, White House Won't Comment - December 22nd, 2014
- FBI Steered Itself Toward Blaming North Korea for Sony Hack - December 21st, 2014