The international sanctions against Iran imposed at the behest of the US government have done major harm to the Iranian middle class, closing civilian factories and fueling unemployment. At the same time, they’ve done nothing to Iran’s military, and in many cases bolstered the “shell companies” they targeted.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israeli Public's Mood Turns Dark With Increased Troop Deaths - July 21st, 2014
- UN Presses Gaza Ceasefire, But No Sign Anyone Is Listening - July 21st, 2014
- Israel Shells Gaza Hospital, Adding to Humanitarian Crisis - July 21st, 2014
- Iraqi Military Kills Civilians in Air Strike Against Hawija - July 21st, 2014
- State Dept. Annoyed at Press Questioning MH17 Narrative - July 21st, 2014