The international sanctions against Iran imposed at the behest of the US government have done major harm to the Iranian middle class, closing civilian factories and fueling unemployment. At the same time, they’ve done nothing to Iran’s military, and in many cases bolstered the “shell companies” they targeted.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- China May Be Pressing US to Talk with North Korea - February 21st, 2017
- Egypt Junta Aims to Restore Hamas Ties With Eye on Stabilizing Sinai - February 21st, 2017
- Israeli Officials Blame Obama for 2016 Peace Summit Failure - February 21st, 2017
- Turkey: 44 ISIS Fighters Killed in North Syria Operations - February 21st, 2017
- CIA Arms for Syrian Rebels Frozen Amid Infighting - February 21st, 2017