The international sanctions against Iran imposed at the behest of the US government have done major harm to the Iranian middle class, closing civilian factories and fueling unemployment. At the same time, they’ve done nothing to Iran’s military, and in many cases bolstered the “shell companies” they targeted.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Worldwide Shock at British Decision to Leave EU - June 24th, 2016
- Poland: EU Needs a New Treaty to Prevent More Brexits - June 24th, 2016
- Obama Assures Britain 'Special Relationship' Is Safe Despite Brexit - June 24th, 2016
- Pentagon Confirms New Afghan Strikes Since Obama's Recent Escalation - June 24th, 2016
- France Fears Brexit Will Harm Regional Military Power - June 24th, 2016