The international sanctions against Iran imposed at the behest of the US government have done major harm to the Iranian middle class, closing civilian factories and fueling unemployment. At the same time, they’ve done nothing to Iran’s military, and in many cases bolstered the “shell companies” they targeted.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- 50 Killed, Scores Wounded in Afghan Suicide Bombing - November 23rd, 2014
- Afghans Approve Troop Deal, US Already Breaking It - November 23rd, 2014
- 'Jewish State' Bill Advances, Threatens to Break Israel's Coalition - November 23rd, 2014
- Amid Weekend Push, Talks of Extending Iran Nuclear Talks - November 23rd, 2014
- Obama Order Expands Afghan War Powers in 2015 - November 22nd, 2014