Everyone knows Ron Paul (R – TX) is a different sort of candidate from the rest of the Republican field, but the CBS debate centering on foreign policy give him an opportunity to really underscore why that is.
Rep. Paul rejected the notion of starting wars against Iran and Syria, but drew perhaps the most scorn for his comments calling torture “uncivilized and “un-American.” Gov. Rick Perry (R – TX) condemned the notion of not torturing people during a war as a “travesty.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US-Led Airstrikes Killed 472 Civilians in Syria in the Past Month - June 23rd, 2017
- US Narrows Counter-Extremism Program to Focus on Islamists - June 23rd, 2017
- Senator: US Strikes on Syrian Forces 'Unlawful' - June 23rd, 2017
- Kurds Warn Turkey's Buildup in North Syria Threatens Raqqa Invasion - June 23rd, 2017
- Senators Seek Clarification on US Role in Yemen Torture - June 23rd, 2017